“Good Quality” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Mission, Canada
“Good Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Hotel a few blocks away from the French Quarter. It is also convenient to transit. The room we received was a good size and comfortable. The hotel offers a good continental breakfast in the morning, popcorn and fountain drinks in the afternoon, and kickbacks starting at 5.30pm. There was some good munchies especially for teenagers. There offer free wi fi, which was added bonus. We would stay here again,

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Margo H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jenison, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at the Drury for two nights pre cruise and were very pleased with location and "extras" It's a short walk to the French Quarter and very safe for walking at night. Evening happy hour was a bonus - three drinks and a buffet of food that could fill you up (but save a little room for enjoying New Orleans food) Lobby was spacious and nice. Our room (suite) was great - we were with several other couples so it made it easy to sit down with them while waiting for others. It was also nice in the morning as I get up much earlier than my husband and could just let him sleep. Breakfast buffet was typical Hampton fare - very filling (but again save room for some beignets at Cafe DuMonde - cab fare there was $7/pp btw)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank jawouds
Westford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Positives: Free Internet- Good Hot & cold BB- Great Kickback with 2 Drinks pp/pd & enough food for a meal - Rooftop pool & spa -Parking lot free, gated/secure - Great front desk -Good location with 1 block walk to St.Charles Cable Car, 1/4 ml walk to Canal St French Quarter, far enough for quiet night's sleep - Downstairs available conference room and reading areas - Spacious, clean lobby, friendly staff. Room has microwave/mini-fridge/safe, dresser with extra drawers, bathroom has extra towel bars and hooks, full closet.

Drawbacks: Hotel and room furniture appears comfy but needs replacing as many have stains and show wear down. Standard double bedroom are small sized, lighting is poor, room is dark, only one window. Sparse fitness room. No room service, concierge, or bell captain/bell hops. Toilet/Tub/Shower area small yet adequate.

Would return but upgrade to a suite for room and desk space.
(Actual stay January 2011)

Room Tip: Room on parking lot quiet but dark, ask for higher wattage bulb.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank palma05
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank your for your feedback! Our hotel is located in a historic building in the central business district, so some of our guest rooms have limited windows. We are renovating the hotel now to add a new addition which will include additional rooms and a larger cardio fitness center. As a limited service hotel, we do not have bell, concierge or room service. However, our front desk staff is knowledgeable in the area and happy to answer questions and make recommendations. We hope to have you as our guest again.

Slade Stratman
LI NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

just a 5-10 min walk to french quarter,a few mins. to canal street. st . charles street car on corner. We liked that it was alittle away from the quarter. rousses market around the the block ( good & decent prices)They have breakfast & 5:30pm kick back .ok food,it helps if you want to save,especially with a family.Suite was nice.Valet guys were really good.We left car in lot & walked every where,took tours & street cars.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank vicsdahlias
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean. We walked several places and it was not too bad of a trek.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I stopped in New Orleans for a day on a road trip from Georgia to Texas. We loved staying at the Drury for many reasons. We had our dog with us, mini schnauzer, and were able to leave him in the room while we did the touristy thing through the French Quarter, and the hotel provided a wonderful treat for him. The breakfast and kickback were wonderful and a great money saver because we were able to eat at the kickback instead of buying dinner, not to mention the free drinks we got with the kickback. The staff was friendly from the moment we showed up. The best part was the location. My husband and I were able to walk to and around the French Quarter from our hotel, but we were far enough away from all the action to have a quiet and relaxing time in our room. Although we didn't have extra time for the pool/hot tub, we did check it out. It was rooftop and we would have definitely utilized it if we had extra time. This is a great place and value for couples, families with kids, or pet owners!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley J
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We had one unfortunate experience during our one night stay that is described below in the email that I sent to the general manager, Slade Stratman, on 3/21/12.

I paid $225 plus taxes for our one night stay in a room with two double beds (way too small), but was changed to a room with a king and a fold out bed in the living room. I don't feel I was over charged for the room, but I would have liked to have paid a little less. The location of the hotel is excellent.

"I am writing to make you aware of an unfortunate issue with our one night stay in your hotel. This was also the first time that any of us had stayed in a Drury Inn.

First let me begin by saying that your staff members were professional, experienced, courteous and pleasant. I hope that they are recognized for their service to their employer and guests, and that the hotel continues to employ similarly enthusiastic individuals.

A young man who was the valet upon our arrival was polite and helpful when we arrived at the parking lot. I can't recall his name, but I understand that he and Kristen at the front desk are friends, and she will recall about whom I am speaking. Unfortunately upon our departure, a tall dark haired young man who was the valet at that time handed us our car key, accepted the gratuity and then departed into the hotel leaving the three of us ladies (two seniors and myself) to put all of our luggage into the trunk ourselves...

Upon check in and check out, Kristen at the front desk was efficient and courteous despite the tremendous guest traffic and constantly ringing telephone.

Immediately after arriving in our room we realized that it would not comfortably accommodate us, and I returned to the front desk whereupon I was attended by Leah who immediately acknowledged me and assisted with a satisfactory room change. Later that evening when I called for more pillows and blankets, Leah immediately brought them upstairs which was appreciated because it was already late in the evening and my mother in law was ready for bed. In the past at other hotels, I've waited as long as a few hours to receive additional linens although they were needed immediately. As an aside, the mattress on the foldout bed in room 818 really needs to be replaced. It was quite thin and uncomfortable and for this reason we requested more blankets and sheets to add as padding. It would have been great if an egg carton mattress pad had been available instead of attempting to use sheets and blankets to make the mattress more comfortable.

The next day when we encountered the issue that I will discuss below, I was assisted by Jamie. When I explained the situation to her, she assured me that she would address the matter not only with housekeeping, but also escalate the matter to management. As we left the hotel for the day, I felt confident that she would do so. During our brief time in your hotel, we did encounter the housekeeper responsible for our room, Leovina, multiple times in the hallway as she cleaned other rooms. Each time she greeted us and smiled.

Finally, we were surprised and pleased with the complimentary breakfast and kickback refreshments. The early breakfast allowed us to maximize our short time in our first visit to New Orleans.

As to the issue at hand, the subject of this email provides the basic complaint. As I was getting into bed for the evening, I noticed a piece of trash on the floor immediately beneath the corner of the bed, but dismissed it as a receipt that I might have dropped earlier in the day. I decided I would pick it up in the morning when I canvassed the room before checkout. In the morning, my mother picked it up with her bare hands and realized that it was a used Trojan Condom wrapper. Of course, my mother was alarmed and disgusted, as was my mother in law and myself. I immediately called the front desk whereupon I spoke with Jamie. Upon checking out, Jamie informed me that she had indeed discussed the matter with management and that our stay would be complimentary. She also asked me to send you this email in order to facilitate the reversal of the charge on my credit card.

I look forward to your reply."

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family