We spent four nights here for a conference being held at the Hyatt Regency. As usual, we were thrilled with the Drury chain! First of all, the hotel rate was $74/night less than what my traveling partner from work paid to stay at the Hyatt. For the short, five minute walk to the conference, I’m glad I saved my company a few bucks and would rate this as a great value in New Orleans.
The hotel check in was great, but I agree that they need to do something about the parking. For $25/day, you’d think it would be a bit more organized. I guess the hotel construction, when finished, will help with that problem. Otherwise, the valets themselves were responsive and helpful. The front desk was very accommodating; when we asked to extend our stay by one night, Renaldo was gracious enough to make it happen, despite being told on the previous evening that the hotel was sold out.
Our room (#804) was clean, comfortable, and quiet despite facing the street. The free wi-fi worked as promised and was actually quite fast (a major accomplishment for most hotels). The lobby was clean and inviting. The breakfast buffet had enough selections, but it was extremely busy and it appeared they could have used a little more staff to manage through that busy time. We did not partake of the evening food and drink, but the happy hour crowd looked pretty happy.
We are walkers, and the hotel is convenient to most everything. This made it easy to get around during our night time excursions and my husband’s daytime matchbook collecting expeditions.
Overall, our stay was wonderful. We would not hesitate to stay here again and it is quite clear why the Drury Inn is ranked #1 in New Orleans hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Drury Hotels Company, LLC and Travelocity so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans