1,459 results
All reviews bourbon street french quarter concierge lounge corner room marriott properties lobby bar canal st two blocks hotel restaurant front desk staff valet parking per day king room upon check enjoyed my stay street cars mini fridge
Reviewed October 18, 2017

We stayed three nights at the Rennaissance Pere Marquette. This hotel is conveniently located one block from Canal Street and a five minute walk from the French Quarter. The concierge and front desk are incredibly knowledgeable and will make great recommendations for nearby restaurants. Considering your already reading this I figure you trust the locals and stay away from tourist trap restaurants.

The lobby has a full service bar and a nice lounge area with about ten sofas for you to relax before or after a long night. The lobby also connects to a restaurant which we did not visit but we did order a quick turkey club one day to-go since we were in a hurry. Decent sandwich decent pricing.

Our 16th floor room was always clean and we have a lovely view of the French Quarter. Bathroom was also nice and everything worked perfectly fine in the room. Upon checking out Monday afternoon they were giving out some horderves and cocktails which were complementary and very tasty! (and strong)

Overall this hotel can be a little pricey $$$ but its a great location and the staff can help make your stay memorable.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear Christian, thank you for your fantastic review and for all the wonderful things that you had to say about our hotel. Your comments were a pleasure to read and we are excited to share them with our wonderful staff. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Good stay at the Renaissance for one night. My initial reaction wasn't great. Our flight was delayed and we ended up checking in around 11pm. The lady at the front desk was incredibly rude and acted as if we were bothering her by checking in. Very off-putting and left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the stay.

My room was a corner room and very large with a great view of the city. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was average sized with a nice shower. Nothing amazing but certainly comfortable. As a Gold Member, 4pm check out was also available, which was extremely helpful as we explored the city all afternoon, although that perk isn't specific to just the Renaissance.

All in all, it was a good experience and would've been better if my first impression at check-in wasn't so horrible. Since check-in was really the only interaction I had with the staff, my opinion of this hotel was greatly diminished. I'll be returning to New Orleans 2 more times in December and have chosen to stay elsewhere. Too many good hotels in the city to ignore poor customer service.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Sarah, thank you for staying with us and taking time to post your review. We're glad you had a good stay overall, but we apologize for what occurred at check-in. You have our assurance we will learn from your situation so we are better equipped to provide a first-rate experience to all of our guests. Thank you again. We hope to have the opportunity to make your next stay a complete success.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

As a Marriott Platinum Elite, I stay at my fair share of Marriott properties and feel qualified to give the Renaissance New Orleans beyond a five-star rating. The primary reasoning for this is their world-class personnel. Every single person I met over my 6-night stay last week did not miss a beat. From the doorman welcoming me back, the fabulous front desk ladies, housekeeping greeting me whenever I passed, maintenance personnel holding the elevator for me. Always smiling, willing to help...you can tell management here really cares not only about their customer, they care about their employees. The hotel is very historic, being the first skyscraper in NOLA, I'll let you do the research some and find out more on the history. Although the building is very old, the interior is polished and refined. My bed was super comfortable, soft a cloud sheets, walk-in shower, and whole bathroom spotless. The TV was a bit small for the room size I was provided but that was no big deal really, just something I noticed.You will not find a concierge club level room here, instead there is a small room on the lobby floor as a preferred member you have access to coffee, water, juices, fruit, oatmeal and a microwave oven. The hotel did have an outdoor pool at one time but has covered it up and the area is not an outdoor lounging area. I do wish they had a pool. The french quarter is only 2 blocks away, Jackson Square is roughly 3/4 of a mile, easily walked. I highly recommend your pay a visit to Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette.

Date of stay: October 2017

Dear RJMJR32, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your compliments were a pleasure to read, and we were delighted to learn that you were thoroughly spoiled by our associates. We will share your fantastic remarks with our management team and the entire staff. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Pulling up in our rental car – They only allow valet parking, no self-parking and it’s $38/day. The garage area is tight when pulling in, but we were immediately greeted. One issue I did have while there, on the second day when I requested the car, the seat and mirrors were completely re-adjusted (laying back) and the radio was on a station I wasn’t listening to prior with the volume cranked up. Seemed to me like someone was driving our car around while it was supposed to be parked.

Checking in – This was a breeze and Justin was VERY friendly and helpful! He quickly checked us in, he recognized status and hit all the points a front desk clerk is supposed to address. He was so friendly, we asked him for help about where to go, what to do, etc. He referred us to the concierge for more advanced questions.

Concierge – She was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. She hooked us up with a great swap tour/airboat ride company as well as a really nice plantation to visit and tour.

Room – The room was rather large and very nice. The towels were amazing, fluffy and soft and we really appreciated the attention to detail that made the towels special (they were unique to the Renaissance brand and were a complete matching set). There was plenty of storage in the bedroom for all our clothes as well as plenty of outlets next to the bed.

Regarding noise in the room, that was a little annoying, as we could hear everything out on the road, as well as in the hall and the arguing that the next-door neighbors were doing.

Bed – The bed was really NICE! It offered a very comfortable and resting sleep. The bedding was nice, clean and fresh and was tended to perfectly by housekeeping.

Lobby – The lobby was beautiful! Lots of little nooks where a couple of group of friends could sit, talk and enjoy some wine and/or treats from the lounge. They have a lobby bar which was tended to by Nancy, who was incredible!

The Gym – Seemed rather small, but had the typical Lifefitness equipment. The equipment was a little older, being a couple generations old and needed cleaning, etc. But we were able to get in an effective workout. Being a long time Marriott Rewards member and only recently getting back into SPG, I can say that Sheraton and Westin have Marriott completely beat when it comes to gyms. The Marriott gyms are just there for use, whereas the Westin and Sheraton gyms encourage a healthy lifestyle while traveling, are beautiful, perfectly tended to and are welcoming, as well as upscale and up-to-date.

Concierge Lounge – Was the typical “closet” style room with cold water, sodas, chips yogurts and some basics. Nothing exciting, but it’s free.

Staff – The staff really made this a special stay! They went out of their way to ask how thing were going, to respond to our questions, to provide incredible service and to ensure we were enjoying ourselves!

Overall – This hotel is a quick walk to Canal St, which takes you into the heart of the French Quarter or you can walk the other way to the Warehouse District or to the Business District where there are various different things to see, eat and do. Definitely would stay here again when in the area!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear J E, thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand and taking the time to share your thorough review of the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel! We appreciate all of your kind comments, especially about the wonderful service you received from our entire team. They are dedicated to providing outstanding, professional service and we're delighted to know we made such a good impression. Thanks so much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was in a great area, it was clean and nice. We went for our honeymoon and I texted them days before to let them know, they even asked for my reservation number, and then.. nothing! Not even a couple of chocolates or a free drink, some bath robes or a letter on our bedroom. Nothing at all, they were even going to give us a double queen bedroom. The hotel was very nice but I wished I had chosen another hotel for some special attention since this was a once in a lifetime trip. It was like a regular vacation.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica T
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Dear Jessica T,

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed our facilities but please accept our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations with regard to your honeymoon stay. We strive to provide wonderful hospitality to all of our guests so we are disappointed this was your experience. In the future please feel free to ask us about our packages. We will be glad to explain how they work and what we offer. Your feedback is important to us, and we will use it to improve our services going forward. We hope you will give us a second chance for a better stay the next time you are in the area.