1,453 results
All reviews bourbon street french quarter concierge lounge corner room marriott properties lobby bar two blocks hotel restaurant canal st front desk staff valet parking per day king room upon check street cars mardi gras warehouse district
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a family vacation in November. The hotel was well priced but I would not stay again.

Pro
- Well priced, especially if booked in advance.
- Prime location, close to French District and street cars.
- Most friendly staff.
- Convenient mini-lounge with free water, coffee and a few snacks (chips, cookies).

Con
- No benefits for being platinum other than a $15 per day PER ROOM voucher - was traveling with family so you can imagine it didn’t go very far. Contrast this with the nearby Intercontinental where we stayed just before moving to the Renaissance where they gave us TWO breakfast buffets per day for being Platinum members. No room upgrades, got one in the lower floors facing the wall despite asking for one higher up. Appreciate though that they could accommodate my request for a King bed.
- Mini-lounge, while appreciated, was really sparse - not much there. I got it for free so happy, but would not have been happy had I had to pay for it.
- Poorly designed room my room was small with the bathroom area almost the same size as the sleeping area. Also at least my room faced a wall.

It was overall fine for the price I paid but for a family vacation, I’d go back to the Intercontinental a few blocks away. I also think if you don’t have any status, this would not be a bad place to stay given the price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank dtedte
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Dear dtedte,

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your review and for being a loyal Platinum member. We are glad that you enjoyed our great location close to the French Quarter. However, please accept our apologies for not giving you the treatment that you deserved. Our front desk staff is trained to make sure that our Rewards Members are given the upgrades and perks that they deserve, so we're sorry we failed to do this when you visited us. Your feedback will help us as we work to improve our service and refine the guest experience. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

When a hotel in the quarter where I'd stayed for several visits told me that they could not take my reservation due to space they were holding I searched and found the Renaissance Pere Marquette. Just outside the quarter, across Canal Street but very convenient to the quarter and to great restaurants and sites outside the quarter. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The menu of the restaurant in the hotel seemed lacking but we found Domenica right around the corner. Most impressed by the all around cheerful staff, morning and night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Dear erparf,
Thank you for posting this kind review of your stay at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel. We are delighted that you found our hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning how kind and gracious our staff is, they will be pleased to know they helped make your stay a memorable one. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is beautiful. The rooms are luxurious. The staff is super nice and most importantly, it is roughly two blocks from Bourbon Street and all of the downtown action. We were celebrating my daughters birthday and we certainly enjoyed ourselves and definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank master_m357
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Dear master_m357,

I am so pleased to read about your excellent stay at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your daughter’s birthday celebration with us and loved everything we offer. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

This is a fantastic boutique hotel. Let me just say that in a city with a warm friendly atmosphere- the staff here sets the bar. From the moment we arrived the door man, the person checking us in, the manager, even the housekeeper made us feel welcomed and like family. The rooms were clean and up to date. It was quiet and perfectly located to get to the French Quarter, Superdome, and warehouse district. Very safe area. We come to NOLA frequently and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Dear kemarm1,

Thank you so much for this awesome review. Making you happy makes us happy! We are glad that everything went great during your stay and that our service made a memorable experience. Thanks for recognizing our all-star staff, as they truly love to deliver exceptional customer service to each and every guest. We can't wait to welcome you back to Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Fortunately for us we were sent to the Perl Marquette when our original hotel was overbooked. Once we arrived and checked in at this hotel we never looked back at our original hotel. The staff at the Perl Marquette particularly, Yvette Porter, were utterly fantastic and treated us like royalty. The Hotel was extremely clean, the rooms were spacious, and the location was perfect for visiting the French Quarter and surrounding restaurants. When we return to New Orleans we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Dear Marlyn Smrekar O,

I am happy to read about your wonderful stay at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel. It’s a pleasure knowing we exceeded all your expectations in making your stay perfect and found us to be of a great value. I will surely share your compliments with Yvette and Porter. We hope to see you again soon.