“Can't wait to go back!”

Ranked #39 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Illinois
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

I hesitate to tell anyone about this place because I want to save it all for myself. After reading numberous reviews on tripadvisor, I booked this hotel for our first trip to New Orleans. I was nervous about what to expect as many hotels in touristy areas fail to impress but I was impressed with every aspect of this hotel. We booked a standard king size room through Expedia. When I tried to book online, the site said they were sold out but Expedia showed rooms available for $130 night in April. I called the hotel directly and they said if Expedia showed available rooms, then I should book through Expedia. I did this and had no problem at all. Parking is secure for $20/night. Some hotels were charging $40-$60/night for parking.
The hotel is in an excellent location for anything one wants to do in the French Quarter. We walked everywhere and didn't feel wiped out from walking. The hotel/room made me truly feel like I was in New Orleans. Room was clean. Bed very comfy. Shower good. No breakfast but they did serve coffee free in the restaurant onsite. We ate breakfast there one morning. It was simple but very tasty. All the staff at this hotel was outstanding and friendly. If I go back to New Orleans, I would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kellygal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

It seems that all the other reviews are in line with my thoughts. What a wonderful place to go and stay - parking no problem - reception staff excellent and charming - rooms are great - decor is traditional. We shall return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TrapperDavey
Rugby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We both really loved this hotel and it was everything most reviews suggested. It is off the beaten track from the busy Bourbon Street area but within easy walking distance and very close to Frenchmen Street and Decatur and also the French Market area. Our room was nicely decorated and had a lovely French window opening to a balcony. All the staff on reception were very nice and helpful and helped us with booking a swamp tour by airboat.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gina S
Hatteras Island, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

We were very fortunate to get a room here as the result of a cancellation. The room was amazing, the service world class. The location is close close to perfect, in the desirable SE corner of the quarter, a short walk to Frenchman Street and far enough from the drunkfest on Bourbon Street that you can avoid it entirely. The true differentiator is their staff. Most are very long term, with strong service commitments and great pride in their hotel. The owner Frank is charming. Pam, an assistant manager, would be an asset to any fine hotel. We were glad to have made her acquaintance, and will call her personally when we return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OBX_Innkeeper
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I absolutely adored this hotel. It's really truly a gem. You can easily walk anywhere from this hotel and when I'm in New Orleans except for areas near the 9th Ward. I would recommend driving to those areas if you need to go. The decor of the hotel is simply charming and yes, the room decor can seem a bit dated but if I wanted to stay someplace that reeks of modern taste, I would go there. However, if you just need the simple amenities and a place that's surrounded by beautiful wrought iron and has a decent pool, you've found your place. The front desk was wonderful and quite accomodating and the room was just fine for what I needed. I will always come back to this hotel whenever I'm staying in New Orleans.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

This is an utterly charming hotel with class A service and a congenial and helpful staff. Stay here in New Orleans! It's off the beaten path enough to avoid drunken tourists on Bourbon Street, but easily within walking distance if you want to be one!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room, or possibly one of their delux ultra southern rooms