1,440 results
All reviews burgundy bar play naughty canal street blue lighting french quarter fun hotel cool hotel boutique hotel shower head the ritz ruby slipper hotel bar exposed brick the general manager bourbon st great bar mardi gras
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stay at The Saint in New Orleans twice a month for 2 nights at a time. This is a GREAT Hotel and I rarely stay anywhere else! I live in Houston but work in New Orleans and have stayed at over a dozen hotels in New Orleans and this by far is my FIRST CHOICE. (If I don't stay at The Saint I stay at the Ritz, but I for sure prefer THE SAINT!) The staff is always GREAT, its always CLEAN, the Valet guys are wonderful and most importantly I ALWAYS feel safe! Keep up the GREAT job!!!!

Room Tip: High Floors Good
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sandy D
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I arrived at the hotel on a Friday afternoon for a one -night stay I booked last minute business trip on Priceline. This is was a good thing for me because I was already booked for a longer stay in next couple of weeks. So I figure this was a good opportunity to check out this hotel. As a rewards member I attempt to stay at an Autograph Hotel whenever I can especially when I'm working.

I was greeted by a young lady and David. Initially, I placed in a room on the 5th floor. I asked if I could stay on a higher floor and David said would you like a room with a view. Ahhh... of course. I arrived to my room on the far end of the 7th floor near an open stairwell to find I have what I call a "Key Bomb" the key that does not work trigger a green light.to let you in your room. The nearest house phone is near the elevator and when I walk back there with my luggage it has no dial tone. I have to go back downstairs to the front desk. David now activates my keys and offers to accompany up to my room to ensure everything is OK. We open the door and I have a contemporary decorated room (my photos look like most of pictures with the uploaded by other guest) and a view of canal street facing McDonald's, the Chinese restaurant and Walgreen's out of one small window in the left corner of the room.

I decide to go down stairs and have a glass of wine and snack so I head to Burgundy Bar only to find a bunch of tiny men doing what I thought was construction. I realized they were working on hanging a 6,000 pound chandelier. I'm sure it will be beautiful when complete but seeing the open bar area in disarray was alarming.

I used the valet, not once was I asked did I need directions. I made reservations and dined at Tempt the food was average. I decided to do evening entertainment at the the Ritz Carlton's Davenport Lounge where the entertainment was stellar. The Burgundy Bar could not compete on this night and for the same rate i would recommend one stay next there. Again the rooms looked great but they were small and the overall service was just OK and I tipped everyone generously. There is also no SPA; after a long flight I like to relax. My bad!

I can see where a novice traveler would rate this establishment higher.

Room Tip: I'm not sure, I was in room 727. I is obvious some rooms have bigger windows.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank dMoniqueRenee
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent Christmas at The Saint Hotel - had been checking the reviews on Tripadvisor and knew going in that there might be some issues - but with the low price and the Marriott points...I thought I would take my chances.
First - the good. Carl the Bellman is phenomenal - great personality - super helpful - this is the "get-it-done" guy on the property. Can not say enough great things about Carl!
And the rest....Lobby is nice - great decor, but music was either too loud or non-existent. Blue lights in the hallways are kind of creepy - especially at night. Vending/ice is on every other floor - well, at least ice is. Vending doesn't exist so if you want a soda, either pay the honor bar rates or go across the street to Walgreens.
We had two rooms - 420 and 421. The king (421) was on the small side, the double (420) was nice (it was a corner room). Both rooms faced Canal Street, but with the AC running, the noise was not an issue. Light, however, is an issue for anyone who wants to slept past dawn. The curtains are "light blocking" but they don't come together perfectly, so there is a gap of a few inches. And a few inches of bright in the morning is a few too many! My kids attempted a work-around by wrapping the curtains around the front of the bench and placing luggage on top to seal out the light. Beds are not the most comfortable. The bench is the room is not either (very contemporary - but a nice soft chair would be better). Front desk staff doesn't know the area or restaurants too well (there is no concierge). I would recommend checking with the fabulous Carl the Bellman.
The worst? Housekeeping - As far as we could tell, Evening Turndown does not exist. Room was tidied up everyday, but not really cleaned. Daily service is limited to pretty much trash and making the bed and possibly replacing the towels. Or at least taking them so that you have to steal new ones off the cart in the hall. Spoke with other guests who received NO service over their visit, so I guess we were lucky.
One thing that would make a huge difference is having a coffee kiosk in the lobby - somewhere to grab a quick coffee and maybe a muffin (we went to other hotels).
Would visit again if prices stay low, but would not pay full price!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Momvold
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Previous reviews indicated that this hotel was poorly staffed. I agree. My wife and I stayed at The Saint over New Year's weekend. At breakfast on New Years day, with only 5 people in the restaurant, the waiter told us that our eggs would be about 40 minutes because the kitchen was so backed up with room service orders. He actually suggested McDonald's across the street. It is not the guests fault if the management does not staff properly.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank texascoroner
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We checked in around 4:15 on Saturday afternoon. Went up to our room only to notice that it was not ready. After about 30 minutes of being switched to 3 different rooms we finally found a room that was ready. Staff was very nice and accommodating during that time. We ended up with an even better room (canal st view) and management gave us a $50 bar credit downstairs. For having only paid $120 total for this room on Priceline.com I was more than pleased with how they fixed the problem. Having said that, if I would have paid the listed price on their site of $300+a night u would have been pissed to walk in to a room that was not ready. Once those glitches are fixed this hotel will definitely be one of the best to stay at.

• Stayed: December 2012