“Very nice and good price”
Review of Sarita's Grill

Sarita's Grill
Ranked #805 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Central American
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed May 12, 2018

Got chips and queso for free for the table. Definitely filled me up before I even got my meal. Tacos were tasty and authentic looking- had pork, shrimp, and chorizo tacos. It was a lot of food not too expensive tasted fresh. This is a good spot.

Reviewed April 16, 2017

Chips and cheese dip instead of salsa. House margarita's were good so I decided to try the savory margarita that has jalapeno and cilantro in it. If you are into Bloody Marys, (which I am not) then this might be your type of drink. We got every taco on the list minus the meatless (because why bother) and they were all excellent. Here is my list in order of best taco to least favorite.
1. Ribeye steak
2. Shrimp
3. Chicken
4. Pork
5. Fish
6.Chorizo

Finally, the black bean soup and grilled shrimp was really good. I would definitely go back next time i'm in the neighborhood. Our server Marsella was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed September 18, 2016

I'm so glad my daughter shared this great fine with me. Only open a few hours for lunch closes for a few hours and reopens for dinner. Owners work there so you know the service is wonderful. BEST cuban sandwich in New Orleans and this is coming from a Cuban lady. This place serves mexican and cuban. I asked why they served both the mexican food gets clients in to eat a familiar food type but once introduced to the cuban cuisine they come back for both. I huge plus especially if on a budget when other restaurants serve chips and salsa they serve chips and cheese. I would try the plantains too.

Reviewed February 18, 2016 via mobile

Sarita's Grill is a gem! They have the most authentic Cuban cuisine in New Orleans. The restaurant is small but genuine. The staff makes you feel like family. You must try the Havana plate. The pork is unbelievably flavorful. This is a must stop for lunch if you are in town!

Reviewed December 6, 2015

We were biking on Freret Street and stopped to walk - a lot of restaurants and shops in improving area of town near Tulane University. We had the Super Bowl, Chicken Quesidillas and side of black beans at Sarita's. All very tasty, grilled meats on dishes excellent, very fresh ingredients and generous portions. Our lunch, with cold drinks was around $28.00, so pretty reasonable. Small, no frills place, but very good food and value.