“Little Oasis in the garden district”
Review of Queen Anne Hotel

Queen Anne Hotel
Ranked #65 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 December 2016

When I was looking for a place to stay for one night before I went on a cruise this place came up in my search. I thought that I would try this one out because I have always wanted to stay in the Garden District when I came to visit New Orleans. I made a good choice, because this place was very nice.

I checked in a little after three at the sister hotel down the street, the lady at the desk was warm and helpful about parking and how to get into the Queen Anne, So, after I parked and got into my second story room (caution to those, there aren't any elevators in this establishment).

The room itself was small but very nicely furnished with a queen sized bed, which was very comfortable! I slept well that night, and was quite refreshed the next morning. They do serve a continental breakfast in one of the sister hotels, but alas it had rained that morning so they served it in the lobby.

They have plenty of parking and the hotel itself is very clean and quiet. I know when I come back to the city ,i'm going to stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank missmegan

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Okay, this is a really cute bed and breakfast type spot, but the cleaning situation seriously needs to be addressed.

The room that I was in was lovely: a four poster bed with nice bedding, a good size T.V., beautiful drapes adorned with flowers and flowery wallpaper to match. I LOVED the huge bathroom with the pedestal sink and large walk in shower. The room was cozy without feeling too small.

My issues are with the cleaning, or lack thereof. There were two mugs for coffee, one had a VERY OBVIOUS lipstick print on it. I learned a long time ago that they don't wash dishes all the time at these smaller places, but how did you miss that? You rinse the cup and don't wipe the rim? Did you even rinse the cup?? I was pretty grossed out thinking about it. And then, kind of easy to see, someone's gross (lipstick stained) cigarette had rolled right under the microwave. The cleaning person didn't see that, but I saw it as soon as I walked in. Also, this is a non smoking room, so I guess someone was incognito smoking in the room. Hmmm okay.

I'm giving three stars simply because the building itself is lovely with a winding staircase inside and a lovely porch and garden outside. As nice as the decor is, I would have trouble returning or recommending this spot since they can't manage to clean it properly.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marielle S
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Very well situated for the St Charles Street Car, local cuisine, bar's too.
We walked from the hotel too Bourbon Street area, Taxi's (we checked out on line ) were reasonably priced & in the range as advised.
This is our second visit, lovely colonial house, very clean staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

After an exhausting 8 hour drive, we once again arrived too early for our reservations at 4pm. We arrived at 5:30 am and we were in luck our rooms were available and were able to check in, for an extra cost of course. But, our check in was amazing, our rooms clean and cold. Because if you know the south; it's hot as hell in September. The rooms were huge, the bathroom was stocked with lovely goodies! This jewel is in the heart of the garden district, and walking distance to and thing your heart desires. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Texasholloway
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We loved our experience here. This is a great place to stay if you want to be in a less touristy area in an historic house. The room was large and clean. They have nice outdoor seating areas and a good breakfast. We would definitely come back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nellie C
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We stayed in one of 3 adjoining properties and thought our old mansion was the best of them. While our suite in the Queen Anne was fine, some might find the surrounding neighborhood to be a bit sketchy. That said, we had no problems coming and going at all hours. Unfortunately, the free breakfast offered was nothing special at all. In fact, we only tried it once and then patronized a good nearby cafe. This property is convenient to Canal St. and the French Quarter via streetcars, which run only a block away. Going in the other direction,The Garden District becomes much nicer the further out you travel on the same streetcar line.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William S
Reviewed 16 March 2016

We again stayed here (4th time )and it was the first time in this property had room 250, beautiful big room with 14 ft ceilings and a very nice bathroom. Lots of water pressure! Bid tall bed you needed a step stool to get into

Stayed: March 2016