1,222 results
All reviews warehouse district rooftop pool convention center surfer bar legacy kitchen tchoupitoulas street french quarter cochon sculpture garden minute walk nice hotel wwii museum walking distance marriott property beignets few blocks quiet area
Reviewed June 1, 2016

This was our second time visiting this beautiful hotel. We were celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary. We were very pleased with our room (room 474)... It was very comfy and clean and the shower...OMG!!! We enjoyed the rooftop pool and hot tube as well. The fitness room fit our needs perfectly.

The staff that assisted my husband in planning this wonderful getaway for me was phenomenal. Krystal was the inital contact. She set his expectations during phone calls days prior to our arrival and Cory and Jade executed the perfect anniversary getaway for us. Thank you all! We will definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Thank you for your kind review and thank you for choosing us to celebrate your 6th wedding anniversary. We are delighted to read that you found our hotel beautiful, our rooms comfortable and our staff phenomenal. Thank you for taking the time to point out Krystal, Cory and Jade's notable service, we will be passing along your kind words. We are honored you will be staying with us in the future and we are already looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 1, 2016

Our room was nice and quiet although it faced the street. Great location , could walk to French quarter and also super dome if so inclined. Some great restaurants are also within walking distance. They have a coffee shop in lobby where we were able to have beignets in the morning. We were there for a college graduation but would stay there next time in town

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2016

Thank you for sharing your candid review with us, Judith. We are elated to read that you found our rooms comfortable, our location ideal and our cuisine delectable. We are truly thrilled to read that you would stay with us again and we are already looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 31, 2016 via mobile

The hotel was pretty average overall. Location was good. Restaurant was decent. The pool was great with amazing views. Room was a bit dated with torn bedspreads but a good size.

Two major complaints:

1. The metal bed frame the matress was on, had a small metal bar sticking out. This bar hit my lower shin every time I got into bed. It was like my own personally torture device. I took a picture of it & will be posting here. I was bloody & bruised because of it. They tried to cover it w a bed skirt but they should have just pushed it in. I tried to but I was not strong enough & didn't have a hammer on me.

2. The room smelled of urine & mildew. I've stayed in New Orleans 5 times & 75% of the time the rooms have smelled of mildew so that's expected...but urine is not.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda M
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2016

Thank you for filling us in on your recent stay, Amanda. We are delighted to read that you found our location ideal and our rooftop pool wonderful but disappointed that you did not experience a flawless stay. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and we will be passing you input along to our team. Should your travels bring you back to the Crescent City, we hope to welcome you back for a seamless stay.

Reviewed May 31, 2016

About 8 blocks from Bourbon street. Walking distance to the Mercedes Benz superdome. Quiet street, Large room, Aveda bath products, rain shower, comfy beds, rooftop pool, nice gym. Beautifully decorated. Enjoyed the simple things like coming back from a long hot day on the streets to fresh cold lemon water in the lobby. Loved to come back to the hotel after all the excitement and noise everywhere. It was so peaceful and quiet we barely heard anything outside. Quiet street even though there are a couple restaurants and bars across the street. They must have some great sound proofing. The restaurant downstairs was disappointing though but we didn't come to NOLA for room service but I must say we were very disappointed with the bartender. We ordered two drinks one night and they were so badly watered down we barely tasted any alcohol. We mentioned it to the bartender and instead of offering to fix it (even for an extra charge) she instead was defensive and insisted it was done right. We just had the one drink and left and never went back for the rest of our stay. I loved the rain shower but my friend did not. It would be great if they had an alternative hand held shower as well. The wifi was terrible though. We had to call the help desk to connect almost everyday and even a couple times a day after we leave and come back to the hotel. My friend has Verizon and she was huddled in a one corner by the window all the time - which was the only place she could get service to make phone calls. Free in room wifi with Marriott rewards membership otherwise $10 per day. Overall though, great stay. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Marriott rewards customers get free in room wifi
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review us, TheTravelistas. We are absolutely thrilled to read that youf ound our location ideal, our rooms beautiful and our hotel both comfortable and peaceful. We are disappointed that your stay with us was not flawless and we truly appreciate your feedback. Should your travels bring you back to New Orleans we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming back for a seamless stay.

Reviewed May 30, 2016

I stayed here the second week of May... I am an employee of Marriott & have been working for hotels for years so I know that I am a bit more critical than the typical guest, I cannot compliment the Concierge Tracy enough!!! My friend and I were visiting New Orleans to celebrate her birthday and my undergrad graduation! Tracy Made the trip for us! She checked us in and from that point on she was like our best friend! It was very welcoming and not the service I'm used to staying under an associate rate! Tracy set up a Swamp tour and a Ghost tour for us ON HER DAY OFF! she is truly the definition of what a Marriott Employee should be and truly made our trip!!!! The hotel itself was beautiful! In the center there are 2 sculpture gardens and the hallways are set up as if we were walking into our own little home!! Very Cute!!

I Again would like to compliment and thank Tracy our concierge! Management is lucky to have someone like her on your staff! She definitely made our trip worthwhile!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Catherine C
Kate R, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

What a pleasure it was to read about your stay with us, Catherine. We are absolutely thrilled to read that Tracy was able to elevate your stay. We will be certain to pass along your kind words. We are also pleased to read that you found our hotel beautiful. We are already looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you in the future.