Elysian Fields Inn
US$179
US$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$155
US$139
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$179
US$259
US$119
US$107
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$93
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrenchman streetshort walkgreat hostsfront porchaveda bath productsfaubourg marignyfrench quartershrimp and gritsevery morningbed and breakfastgave us great tipsplace to staygreat musicfew blocksbreakfast is servedwithin walking distanceperfect location
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is our 10th trip to NOLA and our second stay at the Elysian Fields B & B.
Leah and Jim are perefct inn-keepers. Welcoming, enthusiastic, willing to share their ideas about NOLA..food, music, events, arts, yet non-intrusive! Inn is lovely and comfortable. Beds are comfortable and rooms are nice size. Aveda bath products in bathrooms; good showers and jetted tubs. Front porch is very nice for a break. Breakfasts are delicious. Location at edge of Marigny is perfect for short walks to Frenchmen Street for great music and then to Quarter. We'll be back and highly recommend.
Cindy & Glen

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CindyRDelaware_OH
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Elysian Fields Inn twice this past month during a road trip to Florida from Texas. We learned of the B&B from a friend who used to live in NOLA and highly recommended that we stay there.

The house is beautiful with gorgeous front and back porches, and lovely rooms with wood floors, giant wooden doors, clean bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs and TVs with dvd players (a selection of movies is available in the great room). The fabulous hosts stood out to us the most. Leigh and Jim are very easy-going and kind people. They are knowledgeable and very hip to what is currently going in New Orleans. From their suggestions we heard two amazing live music sets, ate a fantastic dinner, and shopped at a few key shops that we won't forget. They serve lovely breakfasts (amazing pancakes!!!) as Leigh cooks on the coolest old stove I have ever seen. You can take your breakfast on the porch, which I recommend, especially if there is a nice breeze. If you are lucky, their dog Zeke will join you out there. A Golden Lab/Retriever mix, he is 120 pounds of sleepy laziness and has the cutest face!

We stayed there on our way to our destination and then re-booked to stay again for our return trip. Not our original plan, but we loved the place and the location so much we decided to stick with a good thing.

The location is quite nice as it is near Frenchman street, which has a number of great jazz and blues music venues. It is walking distance to the french quarter, but just enough away to make you feel like you're in a cozy spot.

Lastly, this B&B was incredibly QUIET. I slept like soundly with no loud noises or street chatter. It was wonderful. All of the guests seemed to be respectful of the sound level and we felt like we were the only ones in the house, even though there were a bunch of other couples staying there. If I had to pick one thing that I didn't like, I would say that the beds were a little more firmer than I tend to like, but I am a very soft bed kind of person. We slept well anyway :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashton_haley
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We were in NO for a business conference and it it hadn't been for Leigh and Jim, we would have been discouraged. They had all the answers: great suggestions for meals, places to visit, transportation suggestions, and so much more. Breakfast was alway good, I sure do wish i could cook eggs like Leigh does. I do, however, make a mean poached egg! The lounge was relaxing, and there was so much to read. I have already given out several recommendations to friends and family that Elysian Fields is THE place to stay! We really enjoyed our extended vacation with Leigh and Jim.

Room Tip: Loved being on the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Meg D
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a great time in New Orleans and enjoyed staying at Elysian Fields. Leigh and Jim were very helpful and the location was ideal. It's an easy walk to the French Quarter and a couple blocks from all the action on Frenchman Street. We also had fun exploring some of the local bars in Marigny. The only thing I'd recommend is utilizing the Inn's garage if you bring a car. We parked on the street and our car was randomly broken into our last night in NOLA. Nothing was stolen and Jim was very helpful with getting our car into the garage and vacuumed out. We felt safe walking to the Inn at night and were told that car break-ins do not happen frequently.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank worldhop4
innkeeperNewOrleans, Owner at Elysian Fields Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Unfortunately our guest’s car window was broken, thank goodness nothing was taken…in the almost 7 years we have been innkeepers at the Elysian Fields Inn this is the first time anything like this has happened to any of our guests. We leave our car out all the time and have never had a problem.

We were so sorry that they had this experience in our neighborhood but are very happy that they enjoyed their stay with us as much as we enjoyed having them as guests.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I must say that I felt welcome from the first minute I got there. They give you as much or little information that you would need to have a fantastic experience! They cooked breakfast, answered any question I had, chatted with us during breakfast, offered advice for food & music and even made reservations for us on tours. The area is around the corner from fantastic music venues! The area is very close to everything you would want to see & do. Thanks for the wonderful experience!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple