“Wonderful stay at Loews NOLA” 5 of 5 bubbles

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #15 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful stay at Loews NOLA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Don't bother researching other hotels. Just returned from a few nights stay. What's not to like? Clean, spacious room, helpful staff, great location, and won't set you back as much as others. If you like watching sports Archie Manning just opened up a great bar a block from the hotel - fun watching March Madness over there, he even made an appearance. Loews is a really nice hotel.

3 Thank TPC37

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

This was Spring Break week for my son, so we decided to go to New Orleans. This was also the week of the SEC Basketball game so there was a lot of "Kentucky Pride" going on!! The hotel through all it's activity was so great to it's guests...from the moment of check-in throughout the many trips to the concierge desk to ask questions, there was never a moment of feeling stress or lost. The hotel staff was phenomenal to my family. The rooms are a good size and and the beds very comfortable. From the 17th floor, the view of the Mississippi river and the Riverfront Shopping area were fantastic. The hotel is walking distance to Harrah's Casino (across the street), French Quarter (4-5 blocks) and Bourbon St (5-6 blocks) with many restaurants and bars along the way. The Trolley is right at the River walk (about 1.5 blocks) that can take you the Garden District, Audubon Zoo or to the French Market right at Jackson Square. Overall a really good and memorable experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors make a better view...get a view of the river
3 Thank DYHFL
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted you enjoyed your experience in our hotel and city. We look forward to hopefully having you with us again in the near future.
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

A good hotel for the money relative to others nearby. Rooms were nice, location is good.

The valet parking is pricey, but it is nice to have your car secure in a parking garage. But, the valet service is very slow and spotty. Usually, they are very under-staffed, and you have to wait 5-10 minutes just to ask for your car, then another 5-10 for them to get it.

For some reason, they never replenished the shampoo during our 4-night stay. That's probably a staff mistake not a policy, and I reported it. Sounds trivial, but it's one of those little things that you notice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank George W
We appreciate your feedback. We would love the opportunity to speak to you in reference to your experience with us. Please contact us at your convenience at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com so that we may setup the best time to discuss your experience with us further.
Barrington, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We chose this hotel because it is dog-friendly -- but we were happy to find that it's also very people friendly. Our room on the 15th floor was quite large and well furnished, with a view of the Mississippi. The bathroom was rather small in comparison, but the towels were thick and plentiful and the toiletries were good quality. The bed was comfortable and the room was pretty quiet.

The lobby was comfortable and quite a popular place for guests to spend time taking advantage of the free wireless (rather than paying the rather exorbitant rates charged for in-room connections or use of the business center computers) and sampling drinks from the adjacent lounge. The concierge, the front desk staff and the bell men were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location -- within walking distance of the French Quarter, the many good restaurants in the warehouse district and the river walk.

The fitness club and spa also was a nice feature. I enjoyed a great massage and a mani/pedi at the Balance Spa the first day we were there -- a great way to begin a vacation! The workout room had a good selection of cardio machines, cybex equipment and free weights. The indoor pool was great for swimming laps, but the lack of windows and rather grungy cushions on the chaises did not encourage lounging. Unlike some of the other hotels, the Loews does not have an outdoor pool or any outdoor seating, so you may want to look elsewhere if hanging out outdoors is important.

We (and our canine friend) would not hesitate to return to the Loews New Orleans. It is a comfy hotel in a good location with a great staff -- a combination that's hard to beat.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank WnnaBTrvlWrtr
New Haven, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel was great all around. Beautiful lobby and lounge area. The rooms were a good size and very clean. Every single employee we encountered was very friendly and helpful. It was walking distance to everything, but far enough away from the noise of Bourbon area that it was quiet and nice. Lots of nice restaurants within 2 blocks, and also the casino entrance was right across the street. The restaurant in the hotel was delicious as well as the bar. The drinks were outstanding and the bartenders were as well. The fitness center was great also, the equipment was beautiful and everything was clean and inviting. We had a nice room on the top floor of the hotel which looked over the river and part of the city, it was gorgeous.The only 2 very minor things I could say was that the housekeeping came so late in the day, usually around 3 or so which was about the time we were coming back from our day out and we had to wait to get back in the room a few times, and that the walls were VERY thin. We heard our very vulgar/mad neighbor on the phone swearing and yelling at someone at 7am 2 mornings in a row like he was sitting right next to us. Like I said, minor and does not effect my rating of this hotel overall. We will be back here on out next trip to New Orleans for sure!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank karabear8317
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I arrived after a 6 hour drive and left my car with the valet. I sipped the fresh-squeezed fruit juice - a sweet blend of citrus fruits served ice cold - on offer at the registration desk while I checked in. I took my things up to Room 1806, with two queen beds and a lovely river view.

I stayed 3 days and enjoyed the trip immensely. A few highlights:

The bathroom switch worked only sporadically and required a call to engineering.

On checking in, I found that the luggage rack was broken and needed replacement.

Both problems were addressed within 30 minutes of my calling the front desk.

My first night, I returned to the room to find a half-bottle of wine and a plate of chocolate truffles on the table by the door. Puzzled, I called down to ask why this lovely gift had been left in my room along with a congratulatory card but the woman at the front desk had no idea. She called back a few minutes later with what she thought was the answer.

"Are you on your honeymoon, sir?"

"No, I'm here alone."

"Is it your anniversary?"

"It is not."

"Your birthday?"

"Nope."

"Hmm. The note here says that you're on your honeymoon."

"My wife would be very upset to hear that."

I offered to return the chocolate truffles and wine.

"Oh, no, sir. Consider it congratulations for choosing Loews."

Very nice, indeed.

Checkout was painless, other than the high price tag. I got my car and was deep into the Garden District for a stop at Whole Foods - they carry gourmet cheeses unavailable in East Texas - when I realized I'd left a pair of sport coats in my room. I called the hotel and, when I got there 15 minutes later, the coats were already waiting.

In fact, other than the ridiculous $12.95/day Internet charge for a slow connection, the $29.00/day parking fee, a fickle bathroom light, and a broken luggage rack, Loews impressed me. The staff was uniformly outstanding.

There was one other potential hitch: I signed up for their rewards program on my second night, only to learn that my stay at the NOLA wouldn't be credited as the rewards number wasn't attached to my reservation before check-in. So be sure to use your rewards number when making the reservation.

When I got a survey the next day, I complained about this and the other minor quibbles. The hotel manager contacted me directly and said he'd credited my stay and promised an upgrade for my next visit. I wrote back asking how to claim the upgrade but haven't yet heard back. Nonetheless, I appreciated his response and was impressed that he took customer feedback seriously.

The small problems did nothing to take the shine off the hotel. Assuming I had the means, I would stay here again without hesitation. It's a refreshing break from the big corporate chains and a reasonably-priced alternative to the Ritz.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JYJ101
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your experience in New Orleans. We would like the opportunity to speak to you further about the opportunities you experienced while with us. Please contact us at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com so that we may discuss these at your convenience. We pride ourselves in ensuring an enjoyable experience and would love the opportunity to address the challenges during your visit.

Jerry Reyes
Director of Rooms
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Hotel is conveniently located near Harrahs, the Riverwalk and Bourbon Street. Easy and safe walk. Hotel staff was great. Hotel room was very nice. Great coffee in the room and the room service was fabulous! Would definetly stay here again. Only negative was we had a charge from the minibar even though we never used it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends