“Very curteous staff”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Just stayed at this hotel for the first time. The Hotel itself was clean and well maintained. The room was nothing special but was also clean and well maintained. The staff was very curteous and professional.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 February 2012

The hotel part of this Harrah's is not connected to the actual Casino..so be prepared to walk just a small ways..The casino itself was a lot of fun with a good variety of slot machines from many denominations as well(for the really high roller I saw a $500 2 line game..ps Not me)..Couple of food places to eat along with a buffet..nothing to really blow my socks away..Buffet was ok..the deli place wasn't really very good(I'm a northerner so maybe it was the southern spin on things)..There is a Fudrucker as well however we didn't eat there..on the plus side of food and beverage there was a Starbucks..Of course it would have got a 5 star if we had won money..we did lose over 2 days but it seemed fair and did let us win some pretty good payouts on relatively small bets..Also improve eating options at the actual casino would be good as well..

Room Tip: Service was outstanding
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband booked this hotel through a conference he was attending and we stayed 6 nights. We received a king room and I was amazed at how large it was, one of the best designed rooms we've seen. In addition to the large comfortable bed, there was a couch, easy chair and desk. Tucked inside a built-in storage were the tv, mini-fridge, safe and closet, all cleverly hidden behind doors. The bathroom was enormous with a large tub and separate shower. Each of the staff we encountered was professional and friendly, especially the doormen and valets. The French Quarter and river front areas are both within easy walking distance...we never needed a cab. You can also catch the trolley just a couple of blocks away.

Room Tip: higher floors have better view of river; we were on 14
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank deeloef
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The hotel staff just take you to heart and cuddle you. Can't walk through the lobby without being asked "how can we help you". The rooms are tastefully and exquisitely furnished. It is so nice that the hotel is maintained separately and across the street from Harrah's Casino. Great location, being near shopping at the Riversside Mall, better shops on Canal, trolleys close by, and near to French Quarter. We were comped in by Harrah's, and that had to be one of the best bargains we've ever experienced. Great views from higher floors.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank judgejohnny
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Overall: One of the friendliest and service-oriented hotels that I have stayed in quite awhile. Maybe it’s that southern hospitality, but coming from California, was really a change. Great location, close to the French Quarter, Riverwalk, and other great restaurants (but we’re in New Orleans, so great restaurants are just a short walk!). For my room, a bit of a different story.

Check in: Checked in on a Tuesday night with no issues. Asked about a local restaurant and the person helping me at the registration desk, walked me to the concierge and explained my question. Again, such hospitable service!

Rates: Here for a conference, so the room rate was $162 per night.

Resort Fee: None

Internet Service: $11.95 per day. Tried to use the hotel’s internet service, but was not allowed. Not sure if it was because I didn’t tell them I wanted to use it or what, but I had an internet card so didn’t bother checking into why I couldn’t use the internet and charge it to my room.

Room: Stayed in room 1813. Practical layout and the lighting was fantastic (one of my huge pet peeves!). Nice touch when I walked in the room, the radio was on and the lights were on. Cleanliness/Housekeeping was okay, on surface looked great, but the remote control had dirt embedded around the buttons and one of the coffee cups was missing. The bathroom tile (in the shower) had the hard to get out dirt/mold/need to replace grout? in the tiles. I probably noticed it because I have a hard time getting this out of my bathroom!

Shower: Had a separate shower and tub, spacious with a separate water closet. The shower pressure was horrible, at times the pressure dropping totally (due to someone flushing the toilet? Not sure).

Toiletries: Harrah’s name brand (lotion, shampoo, conditioner, hand soap and body soap). Housekeeping did replenish the shampoo and conditioner, nice touch!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank AKo75
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay at Harrahs in New Orleans. The personnel at the hotel were all very friendly and ready to help you in any way. Room was a corner suite with an awesome view of the river. Loved watching all the river traffic going by! Room was equipped with everything you would need...refrigerator, hair dryer, etc. Beds were really comfy and the room was very clean. I am a diamond player so my parking slip was validated for the entire stay by the hotel personnel, otherwise you need to validate it at a kiosk in the casino after 30 minutes of play. I had luck playing video poker but found all the other slots TIGHT! Had a great meal at Besh's steakhouse. Other great meals were at Commander's Palace, La Bayou on Bourbon St., Cafe du monde for beignets and we always eat at Mother's. Also tried Red Gravy for breakfast. It was so-so.. My only complaint was that they don't comp you for any meals..even after winning jackpots!! Had to take them off my players card. Overall a great trip and a great hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a river view on a high floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honeydew78
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I was in town for the Sugar Bowl this year and originally had reservations across the river but changed to this hotel because it was at the casino. Super nice hotel with large rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends