6,541 results
All reviewsbesh steakhousegreat casinototal rewardsruth chrisfrench quarterfulton streetnon smokingmississippi riverwithin walking distanceparking garagevery nice hoteleasy accesslocation is greatfew blocksmardi grasconvention centernola
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Spent 5 days here in April. No complaints. Great location becuase you can walk to the French Quarter, the Warehouse district and the River Walk. Decent standard rooms, room service was also pretty good - triple decker grilled cheese and fries. Bell service was fast. Couldnt get the River view (sold out for Final 4) but we had a nice view of the city. Casino is next to the hotel, but not connected. There is a walkway and then a quick step outside to get from one to the other. Large, upscale casino, thats nice to hit late night on the way back to the hotel from partying. We will stay here every time we come to town - it was a good fit for us. All staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful, including the doormen. Dissapointed that there is no spa. You can use the partner hotel next door, but its just a dry sauna.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed at Harrahs on April 6 and 7. When we arrived the room was not ready so they registered me and called when the room became available (about an hour later). We were put in room 1908 and the room was not clean (bed covers all on the floor, pillow cases dirty, potato chips all over the floor). I called the front desk to complain and they told me to hold on. As I was holding on the phone, the housekeeper knocked on the door and came to clean the room so we left. When we returned later to the room to put our luggage in, our key would not work and I heard people talking in the room. We knocked on the door only to find another couple in the room. They were as surprised as we were. How embarrasing was this. Me and my 76 y/o mother that has had knee replacement had to drag all of our luggage back downstairs to find out what was going on. We were told that they changed our room and didn't let us know. Terrible!!!!! Not sure if I will stay there again. Room still had old time TV's, and furniture.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay and can not say enough about the hotel and even won some money in the casino, great combination. We were given a suite and was it sweet! The room was so big and complete with everything! We stayed in a corner suite. Room 1112. The employees there have always been the best and friendliest , eager to help you with anything. Of all the Harrahs I have stayed at this is the best ----all around! Love it there!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathysue51
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Great hotel and service. Close to Burbon street. The buffet was very good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is one of the best hotels that Harrahs operates, if not the best. It is clean with large rooms and great views. The casino is just across the street as is the Convention Center. Bourbon Street is a 10 minute walk as is Cafe DuMonde/Jackson Square area. Plenty of fine restaurants of different types within 5 minutes or less. The staff is great, very friendly, and they keep an eye on who comes and goes, unlike some other downtown hotels.
I think it is one of our favorite places, and I highly recommend it. The casino is not the best, but the hotel is outstanding.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the river if you can.
Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple