6,545 results
All reviewsbesh steakhousegreat casinototal rewardsruth chrisfrench quarterfulton streetnon smokingmississippi riverwithin walking distanceparking garagevery nice hoteleasy accesslocation is greatfew blocksmardi grasconvention centernola
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Stayed at Harrah's for three nights over Christmas. I am Rewards Member and my room had been comped but they 'convinced' me to upgrade to one of their suites. Since my stay would have been free, I didn't need that much convincing ;-). But it was well worth it. It was a corner suite on the 24th floor facing the French Quarter on one side and the river on the other. Very nice suite - separate bedroom, huge marble bathroom, turn down service, good housekeeping. Very friendly people at the check-in and bell hopp. Nothing to complain about at all. It's right off Canal Street and close to the Convention Center and the River Walk. French Quarter also only 15 minutes to walk . Hotel does not have a restaurant that serves breakfast (only Ruth Chris Steakhouse is on the premises) but right outside the door is a Gordon Biersch brewery with excellent food starting at 11 am. Hotel is connected via underground walk-way to the neighboring casino so you don't have to cross the busy street in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2008

best staff, good casino and very close to exibition centre and burbon street.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2008

The customer service at this hotel was excellent. From the hotel desk to the buffet staff, I couldn't have been treated nicer. Room was clean, modern and spacious, marble bathrooms with separate glass shower and garden tub, very comfortable bed and prompt room service. Located one block from Riverwalk shops and four blocks to Bourbon St, and Cafe du Monde, never used the car. I've stayed in Las Vegas/Atlantic City, Harrahs and found this to be the friendliest. Defintely would stay again when I get back to New Orleans!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Mingospanky
Reviewed July 26, 2008

BEWARE OF THE REWARD'S YOU GET FROM HARRAH'S NEW ORLEANS. DO NOT USE YOU TOTAL REWARDS CARD IT'S BAD NEW'S.

This is what Harrah's New Orleans did to me and they will do the same to you as well...
My name is Louis Smith and I live about 100 mile north of New Orleans, in a city called Hattiesburg, MS. I'm a PLATINUM Card Holder and my brother is a GOLD card Holder. We both booked a room on Harrash's New Orleans for a Sat night stary in July 2008 using both of you players cards. If I were to use just my Platinum card I would have paid $129 for the room and by using a guest players card the room would be comp at no cost. My brother and I book a room using both of you players cards two week before arriveing into New Orleans. Harrah's even emailed me comfermations the the room reservation would be comp at no cost.

Well, when my brother and I arrived by train Sat morning we check into the room at the front desk and later got a phone call from VIP services. A Harrah's Guest Service Agent told me that all of my Room Reservation that were book using my brothers players card would be cancel. I told the Agent to the reservation was booked online and there was a place to add another guest and their players card and the room rate charnged. She tried to make like my brother did even come with me. What a bunch of crack heads. My broher is in the same room with me and sign into the room with me. They went as far as getting the front desk to check our bags in our room. Which is really against the law. Okay, they cancel all my reservation that I make though Dec and plus charged my visa $115 deposit on some of the room reservations.

When I got back to Hattiesburg I call Jim the GM of Harrahs Casino in New Orleans and told him to check into it. He is rude to me on the phone and said that I should go back to Mississippi and play at the Grand Casino. He also told me that I've already used up all my comp for New Orleans. So why did the online Reservations let me book with using my brother as a guest. If they dont want people to add another guest then they should take that feature off their website.

The GM at the Harrahs Casino in New Orleans was a Jerk and would do nothing to help me. He even told me that the Slot Tournment that was book months ago would even be taken away from me. Now, that takes the cake. These people DO NOT give a cracks ass about their guest. I've alway gave high raves on this casino but not anymore after being treated like I'm a dirt under their feet. I've spent lot of money at this casino and have never win one red cent!!! I will never spend another dime at this casino and will find another casino that will treat me better.

As you can see for yourself below my Tier Score is 5379 and you need to have at least 4000 to be a Platinum card Player. They took away my Platinum level and moved to to GOLD. I've called the Louisana State Police Gaming and reported this to them. If they need this to me they would do the same to you. I earn ever one of those points because I never won a JACKPOT unitil the last day I visited the Casino in New Orleans on July 18, 2008. I won 1300 on a penny machine but put 1,000 of it back into the machine. The feel the Harrah's New Orleans treated in this manner because I won a small jackpot. They don't want their guest to win anything at their casinos.

Welcome Back, LOUIS

Current Tier: GOLD
Tier Score: 5379
Rewards Credit Balance: 1,475
You currently have 67 offers

TIER CRITERIA

To qualify for PLATINUM status, members must earn 4,000 Tier Credits in a calendar year.

To qualify for DIAMOND status, members must earn 11,000 Tier Credits in a calendar year

Beware of Harrah's Entertainment they are not all they are cracked up to be!!!!

Louis J Smith

louissmith_1@msn.com

Stayed: July 2008
8  Thank Louis S
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Our stay at Harrah's New Orleans was one of our best trips!! We arrived early and was able to pre-register. They held our bags and the clerk called us via cell phone when the room was ready. (about 1 hour later). We obtained our room keys, boarded the speedy elevators and our bags arrived at the room about 5-10 minutes later. The nice lady who brought up our bags, pointed out the features of the room, gave us a little New Orleans history & must sees, and even filled our ice bucket. The rooms were beautiful!! We were on the 14th floor with an excellant view of the river. The bed was one of the best sleeping beds you will find in a hotel. The bathroom was nice as well. Very clean, good hot water, shower water pressure was good (could have used a couple extra washclothes, but plenty of other towels).

The service at Harrahs was top notch. We were always greeted, whether you were coming or going. Concierge was helpful, desk clerks always friendly.

The casino was very nice and much larger than I expected. All the employees were very polite and entertaining. The cocktail waitresses were very prompt. Didn't hit it big on the games but I had fun trying. The rapid roulette was super.

We only had two meals at Harrah's both were at Besch Steak. Mark our server at the bar did an exceptional job. Food was excellant!!!! It is well worth what you pay.

The location is a few blocks away from Bourbon Street. But still conveniently located to walk. You can access the trolley cars right on Canal Street, which will take you most anywhere in the city you would want to go. I would get a map from the concierge desk that shows you what cars, go where. You can also purchase a day ticket or 3 day pass at the Marriott located on Canal, that will save you lots of money if you plan to get off at several stops (it is 1.25 (exact change) for each person each time you board) the pass is very helpful.

This was our first trip to New Orleans and I reviewed this website before booking. I chose Harrah's for the gaming. I am sure there are other places that are less expensive than this, but you get what you pay for. I will definately be back.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple