6,535 results
All reviewsbesh steakhousegreat casinototal rewardsruth chrisfrench quarterfulton streetnon smokingmississippi riverwithin walking distanceparking garagevery nice hoteleasy accesslocation is greatfew blocksmardi grasconvention centernola
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Went to New Orleans after Christmas to scout some hotels for our Family Reunion coming up in July. Ended up staying at Harrah's because my mom got a comped room.

To start off parking is steep ($30 something dollars) , however if you play atleast 30 minutes on your Total Rewards Card you get 24hours of parking for free in the casino's parking garage (self park). We stayed Monday-Wednesday and didn't pay one penny for parking. Another thing one should note is that Harrah's Casino and Harrah's hotel are not one in the same. They are actually across the street from each other. However, there is a nice covered walkway/tunnel that connects the two.

The hotel's location is great. Steps away from the Riverwalk, the Aquarium and the French Quarters. You are in prime walking distances for many activities. The room itself was very nice and equipped with a large tv and mini fridge. There was even a doorbell for each room and an electric indicator to press if you did not want to be disturubed of if you need housekeeping. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom. It was HUGE! Walk in shower, separate tub big enough for two people. Lastly, the toilet was separated by a door from the rest of the bathroom.

Housekeeping was very attentive along with the other staff. Many times when I came and left I was greeted by someone at the front door and the bellmen were very helpful when trying to hail taxis.

We didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel, but we did eat at the buffet in the casino. It was okay, not the best but not terrible either. My mother and her friend visited Steak and Bamboo (I believe that was the name of it), they were not impressed with the food and stated that the hostess was very rude because they did not have a reservation. We also ate at McCalisters in the casino. The food tasted nothing like the McCalisters I have been to. In addition, I had to send my 'sweet' tea back because clearly it was unsweetened. When they gave me another one, still no luck so I just gave up.
All in all a great hotel, prime location. Though, I would venture out for food.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank Court18
Reviewed December 26, 2010

i would like recommend this hotel... the staff with very helpful and what a town... just can't wait to go back...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank 55chicos
Reviewed December 24, 2010

I have stayed here 3 times and this place is great. I get free rooms so I can't complain about the price. Besh steakhouse is really good, best filet i ever had. Yes they are expensive but most of the top level restaurants are.
Rooms are very nice with great bedding.
If you do gamble make sure you grab a total rewards player card. This card gets you comps for your play and free or reduced rooms at all of the harrah's properties. The staff was always polite and helpfull. I am heading back down in January can't wait.
Jeff C.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daginty
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Stayed a few days in October at Harrah's New Orleans. Should have done more checking. This hotel needs an over haul. The rooms are small and need to be remodeled. They are dark and ugly. The service of housing keeping is poor. I called for two towels at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon and they did not arrive until 6:37 after I called four times. There is no pool (inside or outside). Small lobby - Ruth Chris is decent rest. on property. Besh Steak is expensive for the quality of food. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it a 6.5. We had breakfast at the buffet. Please find somewhere else to eat. I suggest Mamma's about 2 block away. Also there is a fun seafood place called the Crazy Lobster across the street on the water that has great seafood. They do serve steaks, hamberrgers etc. but great seafood. We had a bucket and it was fab.

Checked out Lowes and Westin when I was there. Now I know where to stay.

The casino is ok - you don't win on the slots. I did not see anyone win on slots. The table games seemed to win more.

I stayed in a lot of hotels all over the Carribean and US and Harrah's New Orleans is just not good.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Very pleasant stay and we have both travelled ito many destinations. Fast efficient check in and check out; bravo- great job!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple