“Best Hidden Secret in the French Quarters!”

Hotel de L'Eau Vive
Ranked #130 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Schertz, Texas
“Best Hidden Secret in the French Quarters!”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

The staff is awesome at this location. You must visit them. The location is around the corner from the Casino and next to many eating places All walking distance of the hotel, and also to the Louisiana Superdome. We own 2 timeshares here, we love it that much and always tell all of our friends. Not one of them have been disappointed! Try it you will like it!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank jvfloyd07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We have been going to Hotel De L'eau Vive for many years, first as guests, now as time-share owners. We absolutely love it. It may be an old building, but it has class ! The Hotel staff is friendly, helpful, and it is nice to see the same faces year-after-year. The location is wonderful! You are 1 block from Harrah's, 1 block from Canal St & the French Quarter, and a few blocks from St. Charles & the street car line. We will be back this October, we can't wait!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank PBCartwright
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I must say, after reading the reviews I wanted to cancel my stay. I'm glad that I did not The staff were excellent and the room was awesome! The only thing that I would mention as a negative is that the ledges were a little dusty. This was my second trip back to Nawlins but first time at this hotel. I'm very selective and would found another place to stay if had been as bad as the reviews. Thanks Hotel De L'Eau Vivie for making my sons 32nd birthday a blast. Would definately stay here agian!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I have never reviewed anything before, but I felt compelled to write this review after staying a week at this "resort". First of all let me tell explain that we traded our week in Vegas through Interval International (all resorts through this trading company are suppose to be 4 and 5 star resorts). We looked at pictures of the resort and we were excited about staying here.
Well, when we first checked in, I was told that the recommended parking was down the street at Harrah's (approximately 2 blocks away) and was issued my remote control for my 19" TV. I laughed thinking that the attendant was joking, but obviously she was not. When we finally got our luggage through the skinny hallways (bumping the wall then trying again and again....). Again, I laughed it off and made a joke about it. We got up to our room and found that the pictures definitely did not represent our room. After reading about the policies ($200 for moving furniture, $500 for smoking, etc.), I decided to look the room over so they would not charge me for things that were already wrong. Here is a list (not a complete list by any means) of some of the things we found damaged or missing: 1) electrical outlets in the floor were missing their copper covers (which our one year old loved) 2) the window was leaking (with mold growing on the wall) into our trash can that was already placed behind the couch 3) sheetrock was crumbled all over the carpet from what I assume is from the leak/ water damage 4) dining room chairs were stained and filthy 5) place mats on the table were sticky and had food on them 6) the microwave handle was gorilla glued back on 7) each tile in the kitchen was not attached the floor any more and would pinch your feet as you walked on it 8) there were some sort of controls on the counter that we never figured out what they did (possibly from an old stove top? 9) the kitchen itself was filthy (my wife wiped the counter top and the rag had a black hand print on it afterwards) 10) the master bedroom bed had a bent frame ( the four post bed) 11) after unplugging my laptop from the wall the faceplate fell off the wall onto the floor 12) bedspreads were stained 13) out of 5 light bulbs in the bedroom 3 worked 14) one of the recessed lights were falling down from the ceiling 15) the second bedroom had no a/c vents at all or ceiling fans (and you can imagine how much hotter that room got) 16) the iron board was about the grossest thing I have ever seen in a closet 17) there were light switches all over the place and some of them we never figured out what they went to 18) I had to fix the toilet numerous times daily because it would hang for various reasons 19) the bathtub was huge (could have probably sat 6 people) but was so cracked (1/4 inch cracks in the seat) that there was no chance that I was gonna sit down on that seat 20) my brother (who is 6'5" told me he had to do a backbend to take a shower in that tub/ shower 21) mold or bugs in the shower lights 22) numerous mysterious hairs stuck to the walls of the tub 23) there is grime (my wife is convinced that it is feces) under and behind the toilet, which leads to our next problem 24) gnats everywhere (I would kill at least 10 a day).
According to the hotel policy book our room was suppose to have daily services of vacuuming, taking out the trash, making the beds and replenishing towels. Our room was only vacuumed the first day, the glass table was never cleaned (and there was no windex so we could clean it ourselves), the floors were never mopped even after my wife spilled some applesauce leaving them sticky (my wife finally cleaned it with dish soap and a dish rag), and one day we ran out of toilet paper.
Oh yeah, if you ride the elevator to the top you will think that you might possibly die. Even my 1 year old would look at me and make a face when it would drop and shake.
The pool might be the same size as our oversized jacuzzi tub in the room and seemed to be in about the same condition.
So, as you can probably tell we were definitely disappointed in this resort.
The location was good. I was able to walk down to the local store to get a hurricane or milk for my toddler when needed.
The staff was nice and I think they get a lot of complaints, so we did not complain. We just called them in the very beginning of our stay and made sure that we were not charged for the substandard conditions. They replied that they understood the conditions of the room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank HonestAbe17

Travellers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Me and four of my buddies stayed here during the 4th of July weekend. First of all, let me say that you can only check it out for yourself. We loved the room! We stayed in the 2BR 2BA penthouse suite, with our own rooftop terrace. Plenty of room, room was clean, and hotel staff was very friendly. We have stayed in New Orleans many times, but now we will be staying here every time!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
fort worth, TX
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We loved the location and close proximity to the Riverfront, Aquarium, Harrah's and Insectarium. Nice walk to Jackson Square, Bourbon Street and the French Market. The living area in suite 102 was very spacious although the sleeper sofa was broken. The kitchen was tight with only a mini fridge that door had to be shut just right to seal. The bedroom was very small without it's own TV and the air conditioning unit cycled on and off continually. The bathroom is what needs the most attention. Although the 'Roman' tub and domed ceiling are very interesting, it is in desperate need of updating and repair. Half painted faucet, 2 tone walls and slightly dangerous step in. There is no way my 89 year old grandmother could bathe. My suggestion is to also remove all the carpet because the humidity makes everything feel so damp. The pool is teeny tiny so not very exciting for young children or more than 2 adults at one time. We exchanged through Interval International and it is no where near the quality of other resorts that we have stayed in. I would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank cjmcfarland
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I am an owner at this time share and we visit every October. We are now in the new building since the old burned down after Hurricane Katrina. We stayed the first year it opened and were also a little disappointed that it had lost a lot of it's charm of the old building but we now have a balcony to sit on (yes there are no chairs, we bring our own with us) and everything is clean and new. Two bedrooms with two bathrooms; jetted tub; flat screen tv in every room and maid service when you want it (you just have to ask)
I imagine that a lot of the people who complain about this hotel have never stayed anywhere else in New Orleans. I can assure you unless you are staying at the Ritz or the W every hotel in New Oleans has an older feeling to it, especially if you are in the Quarter. That is a part of the charm of New Orleans! We love our time share and feel we are in an excellent area for the quarter and the warehouse district and never need a car the whole week we are there. Come on....we are right behind Harrahs and right next to Mothers and have one of the best staff in New Orleans who bend over backward to make you comfortable, what more could you ask for? And besides....."Your in New Orleans" how much time do you spend in your room anway?

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business