“Incredible Asian Cuisine”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Neo- Asian
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at Hoshun the night before Thanksgiving last week and it was fabulous. The service was excellent and everyone at the table raved about the food. The owner was very attentive to our party and sent out a variety of appetizers...all of which were delicious. I especially enjoyed the Crab Rangoon, the BBQ Pork and the spring rolls with shrimp and cheese in them....all of which were flavorful and generous portions. The sushi was very fresh and the presentation was beautiful. I would highly recommend trying this gem, which is located on St Charles Ave right between the Garden District and the French Quarter!

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Every year, our group of friends meet for dinner around Thanksgiving time. We were here two years ago…this time both the quality of the food and certainly the service has declined.

My husband and I went to the bar to have a cocktail while we waited for our friends but there wasn’t a bartender until 10 minutes later. Some of our friends joined us and again we couldn’t find the bartender …again we waited for the bar tab and had to flag her down to get her attention. It’d be understandable if they were busy but there weren’t many patrons there while we were there.

Both the appetizers, Crap Rangoon and Dumplings were a bit overdone. The Ginger Shrimp was delicious and a generous portion. The server was helpful and friendly but again, trying to get his attention away from the bartender was annoying.

We all agreed that next year we’ll try Five Happiness.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

When I was living in NOLA back in 2012-2013, luckily to me and my friends Hoshun appeared to be located just next to our apartments. We used to eat there quite often, whether it was in the morning for quick breakfast or later on of the day after work duty or with some big companies with friends in the evenings. I loved the ambience, the smiles of hostesses, the attention of lovely friendly waiters, simply everything. I do miss the most delicious Snow Crab Roll and New York Roll. The menu is so good that I ended up with visiting this place more & more often. There are many other nice restaurants, however Hoshun is the only one that won the best place in my heart. When there raised a question between my friends where to go for a Christmas dinner, I with no doubt voted for Hoshun and we all had one of the most amazing Christmas dinners ;-) I do miss the delicious food there and hope to get a chance to visit you if there is opportunity to come for me to be in NOLA again. Your Happy Hours became like a good tradition for our company of friends to spend a nice time. Lots of love from Ukraine.

1  Thank kateeangel
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Our waitress had us sit at a dirty table and she was not attentive at all. Normally when you order a hot tea they bring out a tea box so you can select which one you would like or they ask you which one would you like. But this waitress brought my tea out already made never asking a thing. My husband had to take silverware off another table in order for us to eat because she never gave us any. I am very glad we don't go here often.... just wasn't happy with them on tonight.

1  Thank sunshineshan01
Reviewed August 25, 2017

This was a very nice place. I was taken here by a friend. He order his 2 favorites for me to try. Crawfish fried rice and salmon stuffed with crab meat. I ordered a combo lo mein. (Steak, pork, and shrimp) The fried rice was great. They actually fry eggs in it. The salmon was very tasty also. My lo mein was very good. I must say they are not stingy with their portions. The salmon is actual an appetizer but you will need doggy bags for your entrees. I would recommend this restaurant.