“Amazing food!”

Ranked #32 of 2,104 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

I am a New Yorker so I have food from all over the world available to me daily. Jacques-Imo's hands down is the best food I have ever eaten in my life. We had the fried chicken, jambalaya and shared friend grits w craw fish. The flavor a, quality and preparation of food in this restaurant is perfection. There was nothing over or undercooked, nothing great, everything was served hot as it should be. The chef is a genius with Cajun flavored! The restaurant is not fancy, has a reasonable price tag and friendly staff. When we return to NOLA this will be our first stop!

3  Thank Emily_Mc0507
Write a ReviewReviews (1,711)

Reviewed August 9, 2016

...and so should you. I've been to NOLA twice, but it was 10 years between visits. In between, I had countless people tell me how much I had to eat at Jacque-Imo's, so when I went back, I made sure to hit it. It was WELL worth it. It is loud and it gets BUSY, but if you have the patience, definitely, most certainly, make the time to go.

1  Thank Shannon E
Reviewed August 9, 2016

Always difficult when the hype of a place make you salivate before you even arrive. Perhaps our expectations were too high. We came as a business group for an early dinner, even before they had opened! Hats off to the team for looking after us and storing our bags whilst we were eating. The service team were really good.
However, the restaurant was heaving within 20 minutes of opening mid-week and it became tough to get attention. We tried many of the starters and mains between the group. Honestly, nothing was that memorable. Look, it's a cool place, fun and a great place to be with friends, but I've had much better food elsewhere in NOLA.

2  Thank JonWS
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

We made our reservation 3 weeks prior to our trip.
This is a very well known restaurant by the locals, not a tourist trap.
Nothing fancy about the decor.
Most like a home with multiple addition of rooms. The result is fantastic. You feel like to eat in a different place. You walk thru the kitchen to get to your table.
The staff is very friendly. Great recommendations.
We love the quiche with shrimp and alligator.
The menu is mostly cajun food with a twist.
The shrimp barbecue is fantastic.
You can try the shrimp stew too.
Not a cheap dinner but worth the experience .

1  Thank Maurice M
Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

My NOLA-native friend took me here my first night in town. It was fantastic... although a 45 minute wait, it was worth it. We got muffins that tasted a bit garlicy, alligator cheesecake and shrimp creole. Dishes come with choice of 2 sides and leaves you full for days. Next time will try the southern chicken.

1  Thank Taylor G