“Love the fried green tomatoes”
Review of Jacques-Imo's Cafe

Jacques-Imo's Cafe
Ranked #21 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I always get the same thing here. Fried green tomatoes, and fried chicken, because they are both really awesome!! The cornbread is so yummy too. Plus a fun atmosphere...what more could you want?!

1  Thank LisaLosAngeles
Write a ReviewReviews (1,621)

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Visited my hometown last week with out of town guests and knew I had to get us a reservation at Jacques-Imo's! My friends could not rave enough about this place - I already knew I loved it. From the cornbread to the alligator sausage cheesecake, the blackened redfish, the stuffed mirliton, and bouillabaisse - all were excellent. We ended with creme brûlée and bread pudding. My friends said the creme brûlée was the best they have ever had - and they have done a significant amount of travel, including France. Do not hesitate and make your reservations for this place (for parties of 5 or more) or stop in - if you have to wait they have a bar area or go next door for a drink at Maple Leaf Bar.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Very Busy, quick service, large portions. We are out on the street...to avoid the wait for a table inside. GREAT CHOICE! They give you a plate of cornbread muffins to start...oh so tasty!

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

The most colorful, delicious experience of our trip! Thank you Jacque for creating a beautiful atmosphere that compliments your amazing cuisine! Alligator cheesecake?! So delicious! The absolute best fried chicken on the planet! Friendliest staff! We will be back!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

This place is legendary. They don't take reservations and there is always a wait for a table, so plan to grab a drink somewhere on Oak St. while you wait. It's worth it. Both times I've been here I got the Fried Chicken, the waiters have bet I won't finish it, and both times I've proved them wrong. I've tried bits of my friends' meals here as well and they tasted great too. The corn bread is heavenly, the portions are huge and the meals come with a bunch of sides. The staff is so fun and friendly, happy to make recommendations, and they do really well in a very busy, crowded restaurant. Love it!