“Best seafood I've ever had! ”
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
Ranked #47 of 2,142 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Perfect taste, perfect service and a true experience. If you're on a tight budget try the lunch specials- great food to a really good price.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,596)

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

After a walking tour of the Garden District, my friend and I were surprised we were dressed appropriately for this landmark. (Be sure to check the dress code.) We enjoyed a most delightful spontaneous lunch in the upstairs garden room. 25 cent martinis with entree. Though since we had soup and salad we only qualified for one. The palace served a soufflé and bananas foster so be sure to save room for dessert. Reservations are recommended but we arrived at 2pm so no problem getting in for lunch. Appears to be a perfect place for celebrations as balloons and chef’s hat are provided to the honorees. This really made our visit to NOLA complete!

Reviewed October 21, 2017

This is another New Orleans tradition for my family. However, this is the first time I visited since having to go gluten-free. My choices were quite limited and it seemed that every time I would find something to order, the waiter would tell me that they had run out! I finally had to just settle for the quail - which actually turned out to be blessing because it was very tasty and I never would have ordered it if anything else had been available. I had to knock down a star, however, because our server was very inattentive and, at times, a little more than rude. Be sure to order cocktails - they are the best in the world!

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Commanders Palace is a huge restaurant with a large staff. On the very long walk to our table on the second floor we were greeted by a multitude of staff people. Our waiter was great at explaining the menu and helpful with choices.
However, when the food arrived for our party of six two dishes were cold and he was no where to be seen. We flagged down a manager who apologized. New dishes were returned and were also cold. The dishes were taken off the check but this should not happen in this kind of restaurant.
The highlight of the meal was dessert - don’t miss the bread pudding soufflé which has to be ordered in advance.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

This is our 4th trip to New Orleans and finally we were able to have lunch at the iconic Commanders Palace. It was everything they say it is. Service was impeccable. Our servers were Jeff and Naomi. They made our anniversary truly special. And the food!! Hands down the best gumbo I've ever had in my life. My husband had the trio of soups and the turtle soup was divine. For entrees we had the jumbo lump crab and tomato salad and the pork loin with jalapeño polenta. And dessert the famous bread pudding! EVERYTHING was truly amazing. Thank you Commanders Palace. We will be dreaming of you until we see you again!