“I love the beef shawarma!”
Review of Mona's Cafe

Mona's Cafe
Ranked #782 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli, Middle Eastern
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed November 7, 2016

I was actually on my way to grab lunch somewhere else when Mona's caught my eye like a beacon in the night. I quickly turned around and found myself here in a fairly empty restaurant at around 2 pm on a weekday.

I sat down and the waiter (owner) came over quickly to take care of me. I knew exactly what I wanted, so I got the beef shawarma which came with salad and hummus. I have been to Mona's other location before and I always enjoy their beef shawarma plate. The hummus is always delicious and the salad is nice and fresh- this location was no different. I also enjoyed a mint tea with my meal, which was quite tasty. Because I was one of only two customers here, service was fast and efficient. I did notice that they tend to do a big take out business, so keep that in mind if you live or work in the area.

I enjoyed my experience here and I will return.

Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

Always visit the place when we are in town. Not stuffy or hoitie toitie. We visited on a Saturday night. Thank goodness they stayed open until 10:00 pm.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

Fine for grabbing a bite to eat while shopping Magazine street. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Very good value.

Reviewed March 22, 2016

Another great spot to grab a middle Eastern lunch option when visiting the Convention Center. Go for it!

Reviewed December 31, 2015

My husband and I had early dinner here. We both had the gyros plate -- very large with lots of meat, big salad, hummus and pita bread. I thought it was really delicious. Server was very good.