“One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants”
Review of Babylon Cafe

Babylon Cafe
Ranked #699 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

We eat at (or order take out) Babylon Cafe regularly and always enjoy their meals. The hummus,
baba ganoush, and lamb chops are favorites of ours. Not fancy dining but delicious food!

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

The food is good at this place. I eat here about once a month and it always is enjoyable. It's casual and accessible.

Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

I definitely enjoyed eating here. At first we were going to eat at Lebanon's but they weren't serving gyros only gyro plates so I'm glad we decided to come here. We were the only customers at the time but that was okay. The inside is beautiful murals and middle eastern paintings from local N.O. artists. The gyros do not cost a lot either. They are wrapped tight and full of flavor. The only downside is you have to buy your Greek feta salad and hummus and pita bread separate. They do however have wheat pita and wheat pita wraps for the gyro. This place was very good and I definitely would come back next time I'm in the area and I want some good Greek food.

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

The portions were quite large and reasonable prices. We ordered the hummus for an app which was both creamy and delicious! I ordered the chicken swarma salad which was huge, I only finished half the salad. My husband ordered the combo salad which he said was very tasty. The chicken was seasoned well and was still moist. We will definitely try the lamb shanks next time we are in the area!

Reviewed October 11, 2016

We have been eating at this little neighborhood cafe on Maple Street in the Riverbend for about 20 years. We come and go from NOLA but the Babylon is always here. It's a good place to go for a delicious, casual meal. Sidewalk seating.