“Great service terrible food”
Review of Adolfo's

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We were giving this as a recommendation so we thought we would give it a try.

The waitress was fantastic and gave us great service but this was the worst food we had in our whole time in New Orleans.

Bagged lettuce with mustard dressing, over cooked pasta with tinned tomatoes, garlic bread so dry I could have used it to file my feet, average main followed by a very dry tiramisu.

Compared with some of the amazing places we have visited in New Orleans this was the worst and also not cheap.

Plenty of better places around

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank Matthew L

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The mussels were good but it took forever to get bread and drink refills. The salad was not good at all. The side of pasta was a joke. Barely any sauce and completely watered down. I had the chicken tyler piccata which was simply okay, nothing to brag about. Guess I should have listened to the waiter when he tried to talk me out of it and pushed the lamb on me. My fiance did get the lamb and said it was the highlight of the meal and actually quite delicious. Not a place I would recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018

I had a very good meal here. The service was very good. It's a fun, old school space in a great location on Frenchmen St, with live jazz downstairs. The only downside is they do not take credit cards...Also, I do not think they take reservations (possibly just for large groups?) and it's a pretty small space so I think there can be a long wait, but I would return.

1  Thank creativecitychic
Reviewed March 31, 2018

We waited for over an hour here, but it was worth it! We waited downstairs at the bar with a live junk (very good) band...very limited seating here as upstairs, but we were lucky enough to grab a high table downstairs while we waited. Steep staircase to get upstairs to the restaurant. The food was outstanding with the "ocean sauce" to die for. Seating upstairs was also very tight. Very rudimentary with hand written bills (checks). They also write your name on a beaten up notebook and one of the waiters will come down the stairs and yell your name when it's your turn for a table. CASH only for both the bar and the restaurant with a ATM in the restaurant. Like we said though, it's worth it.
Expect to pay about $35 for the Lamb and $17 for the Veal. It is extremely busy in the restaurant so the waiters and run off their feet. Be patient here.

1  Thank OldHogV2K
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Family of six celebrated the engagement of our oldest while on vacation in NOLA. Wonderful experience! Loved the lamb in particular, also the ocean sauce on fish and steak. Cash only, ATM on site. Intimate dining with only 20 or so tables; loved the atmosphere. Get there by 5 latest to stand in line for 5:30 opening. Only blip was bar patrons (first floor under restaurant) who arrived after us were able to jump the line with direct access through the bar. Some sort of number system would be a good idea.