“Most expensive terrible meal ever! ”
Review of Adolfo's

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

A local recommended this restaurant so we gave it a try (saved it for our last night in New Orleans!) but oh my lord, what poor quality! From the ‘side salad’ with a super market dressing to the stale garlic bread, to the most tasteless pasta!!!! We could see the ‘chefs’ in action, hygiene looked poor. And none of them wore an apron/hat/net. The timings of the food weren’t great either.
Our poor waitress made a big effort to make our evening pleasant, she was fab (Brianne).
Ended up with a huge bill and a bad tummy!!!

3  Thank Nectaria P

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We were giving this as a recommendation so we thought we would give it a try.

The waitress was fantastic and gave us great service but this was the worst food we had in our whole time in New Orleans.

Bagged lettuce with mustard dressing, over cooked pasta with tinned tomatoes, garlic bread so dry I could have used it to file my feet, average main followed by a very dry tiramisu.

Compared with some of the amazing places we have visited in New Orleans this was the worst and also not cheap.

Plenty of better places around

2  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The mussels were good but it took forever to get bread and drink refills. The salad was not good at all. The side of pasta was a joke. Barely any sauce and completely watered down. I had the chicken tyler piccata which was simply okay, nothing to brag about. Guess I should have listened to the waiter when he tried to talk me out of it and pushed the lamb on me. My fiance did get the lamb and said it was the highlight of the meal and actually quite delicious. Not a place I would recommend.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I had a very good meal here. The service was very good. It's a fun, old school space in a great location on Frenchmen St, with live jazz downstairs. The only downside is they do not take credit cards...Also, I do not think they take reservations (possibly just for large groups?) and it's a pretty small space so I think there can be a long wait, but I would return.

1  Thank creativecitychic
Reviewed March 31, 2018

We waited for over an hour here, but it was worth it! We waited downstairs at the bar with a live junk (very good) band...very limited seating here as upstairs, but we were lucky enough to grab a high table downstairs while we waited. Steep staircase to get upstairs to the restaurant. The food was outstanding with the "ocean sauce" to die for. Seating upstairs was also very tight. Very rudimentary with hand written bills (checks). They also write your name on a beaten up notebook and one of the waiters will come down the stairs and yell your name when it's your turn for a table. CASH only for both the bar and the restaurant with a ATM in the restaurant. Like we said though, it's worth it.
Expect to pay about $35 for the Lamb and $17 for the Veal. It is extremely busy in the restaurant so the waiters and run off their feet. Be patient here.

1  Thank OldHogV2K