“The Ice Cream is Awesome”

Jeri Nims Soda Shop
Ranked #38 of 69 Dessert in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Reviewed October 11, 2015

Not only was the museum great, but the Soda Shop diner was also a huge plus! I was only in the mood for a snack, so I got the Praline Crunch ice cream in a waffle cone. Let me tell you, that ice cream was so good.The prices honestly weren't that bad either. If I'm in the area again, I will definitely stop back in for some good eats.

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed September 16, 2015

This casual diner is located within one of the buildings at the National WWII Museum. It has a 40's style decor. You order at the counter and wait to be called. We had sandwiches that were MONSTROUSLY BIG. As much as we love to eat we would have shared if we had known the size. Great place to eat while touring the museum.

Reviewed September 13, 2015

I love Soda Shops and Diners but the prices were very steep here. I saw a number of people go in look at the prices and exit but really there are not a lot of other places to eat anywhere near the WWII Museum.

I got a grilled cheese which came with a bag of chips and I also bought a diet coke. The grilled cheese was so small. The place looks nice but plan ahead and save your money.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed August 28, 2015

The diner was cute and looked like a 'sock hop and poodle skirt joint,' which is a good thing.
They give you the sandwich with the meat and lettuce and tomato on it, but the condiments like the mayo and mustard are on the table, so you can dress it as you like!
I was skeptical of a $9 turkey sandwich, but after I received my order, it was huge! I brought the rest back home in a to-go box because I simply could not eat it all in one sitting! LOL

Reviewed August 21, 2015

This is a part of the main building of the museum. It is easy to get to from the D-Day exhibits. They have very small selection of food and it is very overpriced. We paid about $22 for two hotdogs, two bags of chips, and two 20 oz bottled sodas. The hotdog was good, but definitely not worth what was paid.

A tip: at the time I was there, they charged $2.75 for bottled sodas at the soda shop, but only $1.99 at the gift shop which is connected to the soda shop. Save yourself a bit of change and buy your drinks in the gift shop.