“Crawfish Jambalaya is a must!”
Review of Bon Ton Cafe

Bon Ton Cafe
Ranked #66 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled across this restaurant by chance and we were definitely not disappointed! I enjoyed the grilled gulf fish with Louisiana shrimp, he enjoyed the crawfish Jambalaya. Our server Renee recommended the creamy cauliflower as a side as well as the Bread Pudding a la Mode. She was such a sweetheart- made our experience that much better!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I loved everything about this restaurant from my waiter who gave an excellent redfish recommendation and twisted my arm into trying the bourbon bread pudding for dessert, to the charming ambience and friendly locals who eat there regularly.

1  Thank traveler9955
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Decided to have dinner somewhere close to our hotel and asked the hotel concierge. Bon Ton was recommended and we are so glad it was! Ordered the soft shell crab, and the waiter suggested I tried one fried and one specially prepared. It was delicious. The creamed cauliflower was yummy!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

You can say it all with one word. Everything here was fantastic. Cafe Bon Ton was recommended by Kevin our bellman at Me Meridian. This place was great from the shrimp remoulade salad to the redfish was outstanding! Our service was great and our waitress was more than happy to please us. I had the shrimp and eggplant etouffe it was outstanding, and my fiance had the house special redfish that just melted in your mouth. I would definitely choose Bon Ton over Commanders Palace any day of the week.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

When My wife and I walked through the front door we were greeted and seated by a hostess who was professional, assertive and friendly. After we were seated, nothing else went too well. Our server was either new, and poorly trained or simply did not care. Our greet was too long, the service was slow and un professional (Universal steps of service were not followed, pacing of the meal was not up to par) zero menu education. My wife's soup was too salty, and my shrimp etouffee was brought out at room temperature, was lacking in flavor and the quality of the shrimp was poor on top them being overcooked and rubbery. At a fine dining restaurant I would have expected better from the food, even my mixed vegetables were served as I would expect from an $8 meat and 3 (soggy from being overcooked, lacking in flavor and creativity in the cut, and presentation). If our sever or even another server checked in on us we could have addressed the food issues, but no one checked in after the food was brought out until check time. Overall our server was poor, the teamwork and professional sytems were non existent, food was even sub par for casual dining restaurant standards. I should have asked for a manager before leaving, but we were just determined to get out of there. Its possible we were just unlucky, and caught them on an off night, but we certainly left hungry and frustrated.