“Great lunch and service ”

Katie's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #39 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

There are lots of po boys in NOLA. These were great. I had the oyster and shrimp po boy and my husband had the legend. The legend is more of a bbq po boy. I would recommend this place for service and food.

Reviewed March 25, 2016 via mobile

Ate at Katie's tonight on the recommendation of diners drive-ins and dives. We had the seafood stuffed mushrooms and cheese fries which were ok. We also got crab cakes which were good but cold. The best thing was the Boudreaux pizza. It was good but not as great as what Guy said!The rest of the dinner was good, but not great. I was disappointed as this restaurant was featured on the food network. If I was to go back I would just get the pizza.

Reviewed March 24, 2016 via mobile

We were in town only for one night and wanted to get something quick and simple. We went here based on other reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. Got there reasonably early on a Wednesday evening and by 730 the place was packed. Service was attentive and prompt. Crawfish beignet appetizer was delicious. I had "the Legend" Poboy and my daughter had a burger. Both were tasty. Portions are large so come hungry. Parking is easy, they have a lot half a block away.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

Every New Orleanian treasures their "hidden" beloved joint. This is mine. Tucked in the Midcity neighborhood, this flood survivor does it right. Lively, welcoming spot with great service and traditional local dishes plus updated Creole creations. Come here to experience the real New Orleans. The staff on the floor and the kitchen really knows what they are doing and really cares.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

Nice place outside of the quarter! Everything there looked amazing! We will definitely be going back on our next trip!