“Friends Recommend this Restaurant, We Agree”
Review of Mr. B's Bistro

Mr. B's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. B's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$23 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Mr. B's Bistro, (since 1979) owned by Cindy Brennan of the famous Brennan Restaurant Family, is located in the heart of the French Quarter. Signature dishes include Mr. B's famous Barbequed Shrimp, Gumbo Ya Ya, and Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Sauce. $1.50 martinis and bloody marys each weekday during lunch.
Reviewed December 13, 2017

We had 2 different friends from different parts of the country recommend Mr. B's so we decided to try it. We started with and enjoyed the duck spring rolls and fried oysters, I would order both again. My husband loved the BBQ shrimp, and I enjoyed the soup 'tasting', the gumbo ya ya and cauliflower and blue cheese soup were very good, the seafood gumbo was one of the best I had in New Orleans. Service is more formal than in many New Orleans locations, but even as traveling tourists in blue jeans and casual shirts (not t-shirts) we felt welcomed.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,918)

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Food was good. I was a bit disappointed in the redfish. Wasn’t cooked enough for me, personal preference.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Had such a great time having my dinner at the bar alone that I came back next day with friends. Bartenders are great food is better and everyone enjoyed ourselves. Do try this Brennan Family establishment! Great steaks, fun and delicious appetizers and generous cocktails!

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

We saved Mr. B's for our last night in New Orleans, as we'd visited previously and had a fantastic time. Our food was great, but the service was seriously lacking this time. We came to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, and we did get some balloons, but that was all that was "special" about our visit. We had to wait for our drinks, ask for more bread, and they forgot to bring a tea refill twice. We'll definitely give them another chance, but I hope the service is better.

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Stopped to get out of the cold rain. We were looking for a light lunch and the Autumn bisque and gumbo were just what the Dr ordered. Also, a couple of cranberry margaritas helped a lot too. Very good food, service, and bartender Dean was also a hoot. Nice alternative to the merry-go-round across the street.