“Great reputation, expected more”

Pere Antoine Restaurant
Ranked #420 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We were somewhat disappointed with this upscale restaurant with it's well known reputation for excellence in the French Quarter. I ordered the chicken and ham dish with a side of broccoli with hollandaise sauce. The broccoli had not been drained properly and the water was ruining the otherwise excellent hollandaise which I sent back to have corrected. The main course was also below my expectations. My mother was honest when the waiter solicited her opinion on the escargot, which she was not all that happy with but certainly not complaining about or rude, and got no response from him in return. At the end of the night he removed the cost of coffee from the bill, but his manner seemed condescending, and in the end dampened what we had high expectations for as the final crowning meal of our vacation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I had the seafood sampler, and it was a great choice. You'll get a little bit of everything Cajun. It's pretty good Cajun food, and pretty reasonably priced. It's just off Bourbon Street, so you're not too far away from the action.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband and I ate here for lunch our first day in New Orleans. It was very crowded, just about every table was full. As we walked to our table we were looking at everyone's food. It looked real good, and there was a lot of food on the plates. The service was excellent and the food even better. My husband had Redfish (which he hates) and said that he loved it. I had a crawfish & crab pasta which I would have loved to of bring home the leftovers to be eaten later. This is a very good place to eat. Higher recommend it.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Pere Pros: Lovely restaurant ambience!
Seated rather quickly, got lucky as a rash of folks came in after us and had to wait.

Pere Pity: Food was not good. Came out cold. The sampler plate is just so so small
and these samles tasted old and poorly flavored. Aligator was okay.

When I return to NOLA i won't be returning here.

1  Thank TruthfulTripper
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Since we stayed at Place d’Armes, this restaurant was just at the next corner. Tam our server was great. Made great suggestions and even gave us some tourist tips. Both of our dinners were excellent. Fun watching the street crowd as well.

1  Thank Pat-FrankG