“Wow!! BBQ brisket panini”
Review of Ugly Dog Saloon

Ugly Dog Saloon
Ranked #612 of 2,083 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This place was my last meal in NOLA after 5 days of awesome food. This meal ( BBQ brisket panini) blew my mind!! Wow! Excellent!! The taste and texture of the food was perfect! What a way to end my trip! The place is clean and not some old stinky musty smelling bar. It’s also close the the world war 2 museum. Do it!!

Reviewed March 26, 2018

We stopped in for lunch during a convention. Luckily we got there a bit before the rush and there were plenty of tables. The lunch special (smoked chicken wrap) was good. They made a special effort to accommodate our group by letting us order from the bar. What could have been a hectic lunch worked out well.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

We took a break from the WW2 museum for lunch and found this place. It's about 2 blocks away - a very short walk. They were boiling crawfish in the parking lot and there is a big patio. There's lots of indoor seating too and pool tables. Very family friendly during the day - I can't say about the evening. I had the jambalaya and it was DELICIOUS! If you go here, I highly recommend it. We had other dishes, but the jambalya was the best deal for the $. I don't live in the south, but I grew up in the area and it's the real deal.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We took a break from the WWII War Museum to go for a quick lunch. We found the Ugly Dog Saloon a few blocks down from the Museum and it was a great find! The service was friendly and the food was great. It didn't take long for lunch and we were all quite full when we left. They have daily lunch specials and also Happy Hour specials. You can get 'regular' pub food or something with a New Orleans taste!

Reviewed March 9, 2018

I was in the mood for some BBQ. Searched Google maps and found Ugly Dog.

I had arrived around 5:30p on a Tuesday for dinner, and upon entering there was only one couple eating. Ok, I thought I was early, but when I finished eating, now there were 6 people, um. I ordered their Combo BBQ Platter, BBQ ribs and Brisket (Burnt ends). If you wanted Ribs or Brisket, you had to add an extra $4. When my food was ready, I had to go pick it up from the kitchen window.

Now the big disappointment was the brisket ‘Burnt Ends’, as it was chopped up meat (Brisket, I don’t know). So, Chopped meat, three ribs and one side for $18.

I will not recommend this place to my friends, sorry Ugly Dog.