“Delicious Fried Seafood and Fresh Oysters ”

Felix's Restaurant and Oyster Bar
Ranked #221 of 2,143 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Would I come back here? Absolutely.

Would I recommend it to vegetarians? Maybe not.

However if you like seafood and oysters this restaurant is a must. It’s located across the street from Acme which is famous for oysters (the queue wrapped around the block). So we decided to skip the wait and head over to Felix. We’re very happy with the decision. The food was excellent.

Fried shrimp was crispy and not greasy. The french fries were also cooked well. We were also very happy with the service.

Date of visit: December 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (3,833)

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

With all the choices for dinner we were undecided. Several friends recommended ACME. Another friend who travels to NOLA a lot suggested Felix's. Half the wait and better food. Couldn't ask for anything better. We ordered 6 chargrilled Oysters. Outstanding and ordered another 6. I got the half oyster po boy and jambalaya. Very good. Overall I give it a 4. They were very busy. Service was good. Food wise you can't go wrong

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I stopped here to watch some game before Christmas shopping and a light snack. We got blackened alligator, not to happy about. I mean good but I could have thought of another dish to eat. Grilled oysters, gummy loved. The young lady gave us a cup of gumbo and I LOVED it. I love gumbo with the light brown roux. Yummy! We had a couple beers with our snacks while just chilling at the bar.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Oh yea - if you want oysters, go to Felix's. There's a line to get into Acme across the street, but we'd go to Felix's any day of the week over the other place! Raw and Chargrilled on the half shell - get a platter of each and enjoy! Service is quick. Nothing fancy, but for oysters - who cares!!

1  Thank StevenVA
Reviewed December 27, 2017

I've eaten at Felix's many times over the past 30 years. It is one of my go-to places in the French Quarter; however, I will never say it is great. The food is mediocre to good, the service is efficient and usually fast and polite. I like the hustle and bustle of the crowded atmosphere. The Jambalya is a little dry, the Turtle Soup and Gumbo were fine. Stay away from the Caesar Salad (not much more than a green salad). The raw oysters are always good!