“Excellent seafood. Crispy kale!”
Review of Luke

Luke
Reserve with OpenTable
Luke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Poydras
Transit: St. Charles Street Car Line
Description: Luke New Orleans is Besh's homage to the grand old Franco-German brasseries that once reigned in New Orleans. Luke offers an extensive French, German, and Belgian beer selection, including three exclusive house brews [custom-made in Louisiana]. The cuisine is unaffectedly Old World, using slow and traditional cooking techniques. The wine list features reds and whites from the Loire, Alsace, and Savoie regions, as well as Badischerwiens of Germany. Since opening in 2007, Luke has been hailed by Conde Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, and The Times-Picayune Lagniappe, which awarded Luke an impressive three bean-ranking for its "disarmingly home-spun culinary touches and broad-shouldered dishes that satisfy something more than just an appetit."
Reviewed January 15, 2016

Close to our hotel the Hyatt Regency. Wonderful Mahi Mahi with crispy kale that was out of this world. We didn't have a bad meal in New Orleans, and this was one of the best. We were seated in the back near the open kitchen. Quick service, white table cloth atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,338)

Reviewed January 14, 2016 via mobile

Highly recommend this place. We had the seafood platter and it was fantastic. It was fresh, tasty and generous in size. We were also offered 2 complimentary proseccos on arrival as they knew we were celebrating our honeymoon. The service was impeccable and we didn't have to ask for a thing. As well as that, the bread and butter pudding is to die for!

Reviewed January 13, 2016 via mobile

Fabulous gumbo, Diet Coke in a bottle and fabulous fish first trip and shrimp the 2nd time around. If you can as to sit near the kitchen window to see all the excitement in the food prep area.

Reviewed January 12, 2016 via mobile

Upscale bar/restaurant with an adjoining elegant dining area. The establishment is large, has a full bar equipped with TV's and fresh oysters clearly on display for you to witness the art of shucking.

Daily Chef Specials are available Monday-Friday. I visited on a Monday and therefore went with the Honey Tabasco Chicken special. However, I started with a cup of Crab Bisque soup; a delicious choice to get my palate fired up for the main course. The Honey Tabasco Chicken was the perfect combination of sweet & spicy atop a succulent lightly battered chicken breast, accompanied by red beans and rice, putting a southern twist on a classic dish. I enjoyed it immensely but could only eat a small portion. My eyes are always bigger than my tummy. Jackson, my server, was a real gent & wrapped the remains for me.

Lüke is a perfect NOLA spot for date night, business meetings and hour happy.

~Christy

Reviewed January 11, 2016

If you are wanting a higher-end breakfast with incredible, out of this world food- this is the place to go.

The building has a very old, historical feel to it and is much more expansive than I had originally thought. It has a very classic Southern feel to it, with all the servers wearing white collared shirts. The menu is relatively small but everything is made from scratch with a glass walled kitchen so you can watch the chefs at work.

The brussel sprouts are some of the best in New Orleans, with a sweet heat and a perfect crispiness/crunch factor. The crab omelette was smooth, velvety and full of fresh crab and mushrooms. I mean, this place is the REAL deal. I ate more at this meal than I did on Thanksgiving day.

You really can't order anything bad. It's guaranteed to be a wonderful experience. I highly recommend coming here.