“Heavenly Guacamole and chips!!!”
Review of Del Fuego Taqueria

Del Fuego Taqueria
Ranked #626 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Description: Our hearts, minds and margaritas are strong. Family owned & operated. Locally owned neighborhood restaurant that focuses on regional Mexican cuisine, using farm to table, sustainable practices & ingredients whenever possible.
Reviewed March 4, 2018

It is worth a trip here just for their fresh salsa, guacamole and chips. You can load the guacamole with all sorts of toppings. Really incredible! Custom margaritas . Mine was a skinny one(lot less sugar) and fresh grapefruit juice. I had the fish tacos which were crispy and delicious. Also split the chicken enchilada which was just ok. The people working there are great. Charming and funny and do their jobs well.

David W, Owner at Del Fuego Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Thanks for coming in!

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We came here with friends and were beyond impressed. Everything was amazing and the Guacamole was absolutely on point. Our server Patrick was fun and helpful. The cucumber margarita was incredible and the strawberry Meyer lemon lemonade was also delicious. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here while in New Orleans for food and margaritas. The margaritas are really good I though I made a good fresh one but these are excellent fresh and good . There was six of us and we all got something different and shared. The guacamole was really really good. The fish tacos were my favorite but the carnitas were done right and excellent as well. I can’t say enough good things

WCS1973, Owner at Del Fuego Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Thanks for stopping in!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

My wife and I have been back to Del Fuego several times because the food is so good. Chef David Wright works hard in the kitchen delivering the unique and tasty Mexican dishes we have come to expect. Tonight we started with the Trio de Salsas consisting of Salsa Verde, Salsa Fresca, and Salsa Mexicana which were served with these wonderful, large, home made tostadas (chips).My wife had the Tostadas con Camarones y Aguacate which was tasty and delicious. I had the three tacos -- Ensanata-Style Pescada (drum fish) o Camarones (shrimp), one of each, and Chorizo Rojo (home made sausage). For dessert we shared a paleta, a popsicle composed of tamaron and coca cola. We come here regularly and are never disappointed.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

We reserved tables for Mardi Gras parades during the week which was a Great deal Food, drinks a clean bathroom and a great place to stand and watch the parades