“Good food but a bit pricey for tacos”
Review of Johnny Sanchez

Johnny Sanchez
Reserve with OpenTable
Johnny Sanchez is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Johnny Sanchez is the inaugural restaurant collaboration of two old friends known for their world-class cuisine. John and Aaron, each of whom has been recognized with some of the culinary world's most coveted awards, met years ago when Aaron began his career in New Orleans, working for legendary chef Paul Prudhomme. Later, the chefs' paths crossed again while competing on the first season of Food Network's "Next Iron Chef." Since then, the two have become great friends and each has lit up the culinary scene by utilizing his unique talents and skills to entertain and educate the country about shared passions: food, drink, and hospitality. Now these world-renowned chefs have teamed to create Johnny Sanchez, a spirited taqueria offering the very best ingredients that are farmed and fished responsibly and locally. The two will collaborate on everything from the perfect tacos and tostadas, to the beer, wine, and cocktail list, to the decor and atmosphere.
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We specifically hit Johnny Sanchez based on it's relation to Aaron Sanchez. The service here is outstanding! Although pricey, the food is quite tasty. We had crispy brussels sprouts, Mexican street corn, carne asada tacos, albondigas tacos, and cauliflower tacos. The portions are rather small so keep that in mind when ordering. Apparently, there is a happy hour with $2 tacos so perhaps that's the way to go.

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Awesome, friendly, can't wait to go back!
I took my granddaughter there for her birthday dinner as a surprise.
It was amazing.

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

We went there for our Anniversary late afternoon bite. Restaurant looked so clean. Service was exceptional.
Drinks and tacos yum yum yum.
Easy to find. Would definitely recommend and return.
They even treated us with 2 glasses of Champagne for our special day. Thank you Dee for a most memorable meal.

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for happy hour and I was impressed. I had two of the $2 tacos and I really liked them. I got the carnitas which was very flavorful and the catfish which had a nice texture and great toppings. I liked the complimentary chips and salsa. The inclusion of plantain chips was definitely interesting. We also ordered the queso dip and it was very good, but a little steep at $10.

Looking at the regular menu I can see why people might find it overpriced, but for happy hour it's a great deal.

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

I love watching Johnny Sanchez on Chopped, so I had to check out his namesake while in New Orleans. We stopped in during happy hour and was blown away by the uniqueness of the food selection and the awesome margaritas. I ordered the Johnny Sanchez Margarita and was in love at first sip! It was made with freshly squeezed limes and lemons. Not too sweet nor too tart. Just right! The salsa and chips were free and good as well! The winners of the day were the tacos. So fresh and full of bright flavors! To top it off, the service was outstanding!! I highly recommend this restaurant!