“Delicious treats the ice cream and cannoli are wonderful.”

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 68 Dessert in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Reviewed May 23, 2017

The old world Italian desserts and fantastic. Worth the trip just beware of long lines and crowds on weekends especially in the evenings

2  Thank BARRYDKATZ
Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed May 22, 2017

Brocato's has the smoothest Italian Ice Cream in the South. It's spumoni ice cream is filled with layers and layers of candied fruit and nuts. The experience is singularly a New Orleans delight.

2  Thank HoneyPam
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Get the mini cannoli. You're welcome!! The gelato is great and the cookies remind me of my gram. This place is right out of a time capsule in all the best ways.

2  Thank Sean L
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Authentic italian desserts. Best ice cream and cannolis. I recommend the cassata cake! There is a line all the way out the door so plan on a wait but moves pretty quickly.

2  Thank EdandMia
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

I have grown up going to Angelo Brocato and was so excited to share it with my husband when I learned he'd never been there. We've since moved a bit further away but we'll make the trek. The Italian ice is my favorite! But I always love a good coffee-flavored anything, and they've got all types of options. Definitely go, bring cash and either arrive early or be prepared for a nice convo with some locals while you wait....but trust me, it's worth the wait!

1  Thank Eliana T