“Great Brunch”

Ranked #23 of 2,143 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We loved this place, such an interesting menu we didn’t know what to choose!

We had the corn beef hash and the curried cauliflower omelette both were awesome as was the service!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is one of those places that goes back a long way off the road. If the room at the front looks full there may still be seating in the room at the back. This, (the back room,) has a more rustic feel than the one at the front, and faces the bar across a narrow alley opening. It’s all rather unusual.

We went for lunch, and after a bit of a wait, ordered the Croque Monsieur and the salmon sliders. When they arrived, which again took a little while, both were excellent. I will say, I was underwhelmed by the shoestring fries but everything else was good. If I lived nearby this would be a great place for a lazy lunch.

For completeness I feel I should mention we found the bathrooms rather rustic too, and not in a good way.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

After a walking tour of the garden district, it was nice to finally sit down and order some food! But I had to check up on the server twice, getting a refill on water or a reminder for an IPA was a tad ridiculous... the place was NOT that busy.

But the deviled eggs and my salad was perfect when it finally out. My mother said the chocolate dessert left a lot to be desired by was filling enough. Would try again if the service was better.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 30, 2018

It's definitely worth a trip here when you're visiting NOLA. When the host asks if you'd like to sit "out back" say yes. We enjoyed the funky atmosphere, cool lighting and great service in this slightly out-of-the-way spot. To start, the coffee was fantastic. Our teenagers loved the pancakes, the adults both loved our dishes (crab & shrimp omelette, soft shell crab eggs benedict). It was the perfect way to start our stroll down Magazine Street and into our self-guided walking tour of the Garden District.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

This is one of my favorite spots to eat on Magazine. Right next to the Rum House and owned by the same people, this spot isn't as well known yet so you can usually get a table here when there is a wait at Rum House. Food is delicious and creative. Servers have all been especially warm and friendly like they really like the people they work for. My favorite cocktail here is That B!#@H Katrina but Moose's Magnificent Mimosa is great too. Prices are very reasonable so it's a good place to take your college kid and their friends if you've got someone at Tulane or Loyola.