“Good Place”

Empire State Delicatessen
Ranked #803 of 2,142 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Deli
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: A Taste of the Big Apple in the Big Easy!! New York's Boar's Head Brand Hot Heroes, Daily Specials, Soups, Fresh Salads, NYC Bagels & Specialty Items!!
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

I was looking for a quick breakfast while staying at nearby hotel and saw sign for Empire State Deli. The native New Yawker in me thought it was worth a look and was glad to see the owner Paul was legit being from a Queens and Long Island. After some fun banter I got to enjoy a tasty egg, pepper and onion sandwich. Very good--went back a few more times during my stay and wasn't disappointed. It's a solid deli if you're looking for a breakfast --guessing lunch wouldn't disappoint.

Date of visit: July 2016
Paul T, General Manager at Empire State Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We love to provide that authentic New York deli style feel along with great food and friendly service. We are so glad that you stopped by for breakfast a few times during your stay and hope that you come see us if you are back in town again for lunch!

Reviewed October 7, 2015

It'll do in a pinch. The menu isn't very broad, the quality and portions are nothing that make this establishment stick out.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed September 21, 2015 via mobile

I love their Pastrami. .it is called the Fat Cat 1 pound of pastrami with boars head swiss cheese yellow mustard on rye. What could be better?

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed July 25, 2015

Has great breakfast and lunch sandwiches. Reminded me of my NY roots. Spoke with the owner about the history. Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwiches were delicious.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

Very reasonable prices. Decent food. Not what I am used to but still decent.
Sometimes they get the order correct and sometimes they just don't listen.
I have to make sure to tell the waitress I don't want onions but still get them at times. Not sure if it is the cook or waitress.
Clean place, plenty of seating

Date of visit: July 2015