It's off the main drag (a few blocks away from the noise of Canal and Bourbon Streets - I don't know why anyone would stay in those areas and expect a good night's sleep) but still close enough to everything that nothing is too much of a walk. Convenient to the aquarium, Jackson Square, the river and many antique shops on Royal St.
Rooms were gorgeous, bed was comfortable and the bathrooms were cute and most importantly, clean! Staff was super nice and helpful.
Overall a fabulous stay, would stay here again - the only reason why it doesn't get 5 stars is that they need to upgrade their breakfasts (I realize it's included but still....) and get rid of the Walmart pastries and rock-hard muffins. Also be aware we discovered there are train tracks near the hotel just before the river and trains come through pretty often at random hours, waking us a few times. Other than that, sleep was solid and it quiets down after a certain not-too-late hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans