“Great location in the Big Easy”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I would highly recommend staying at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel the next time you travel to New Orleans. The rooms have been recently renovated and are relatively inexpensive compared to other hotels down in the French Quarter. The location is PERFECT--one block behind St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square, plus it covers the block between Bourbon St. and Royale St. The restaurant is great for breakfast and the staff is wonderful and the pool area is beautiful. We have stayed in many different hotels in New Orleans and this is the one we keep coming back to time after time. After Hurricane Katrina, the Bourbon Orleans housed law enforcement and firefighters as they helped the city cope with the devastation.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies on the west side are great with a limited view of Bourbon St. without the noise...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JHR300
There are newer reviews for Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed a Bourbon Orleans last weekend for my daughters wedding. We had about 20 rooms blocked for our guests. Everyone was just blown away by the friendliness of the staff, the size of the rooms, and the beautiful interior. The bell staff went above and beyond to ensure that everyone was taken care of. I will never stay at another New Orleans hotel again. I am so grateful to have found this wonderful place, and in such a perfect location. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed at The Bourbon Orleans, New Orleans, LA last week for 2 nights. This French Quarter hotel surpassed my expectations! It is located steps from the back of the St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square. Also within easy walking proximity to several French Quarter attractions: Bourbon street, French Market, Antique shops, art galleries, as well as mouth-watering restaurants: both upscale/formal and informal.

As a native New Orleanian who moved away a few years ago, my recent visit and stay at this hotel makes me want to return sooner than later. The Bourbon Orleans has a friendly, helpful staff. If you have a car, valet parking is not optional (I thought a bit pricey, but certainly in line with other hotels in its proximity.) Allow approx. 20 minutes or so to receive car after calling for it. Although my room was on small scale, it accomodated 2 adults and overlooked the saltwater pool and patio which is attractively lit throughout the evening. Adjoining bathroom spacious and seemed to be newly redecorated with black granite. Heads Up--if you prefer a tub, be sure to ask if the adjoining bath has one/only spacious walk-in shower in the accomodations I had. There is a restaurant in the hotel, but breakfast is more continental than local fare. I hestitate to rate the hotel "Excellent" due to the priceiness of breakfast and other menu items in the restaurant. In my opinion, it may accomodate hungry travelers, but does not seem to offer a variety of items that would be indicative of Creole and/or local cuisine.

Can't speak to entire hotel, but both the lobby and the 4th floor (on which I was located) seemed to be recently renovated, fresh, clean, and inviting.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again! " Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez"

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face the courtyard and pool may be noisy in the evening as Bourbon Street is appro...
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent several days at this hotel with company meetings. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. My room was very nice with a large TV, a very nice walk-in shower, and comfortable king size bed. HOWEVER, my room was on the 2nd floor of the hotel directly across the street from a jazz club. It was extremely loud until 2 AM every night. If I were not a sound sleeper this experience would have been intolerable. I was awakened repeatedly throughout each night. If you stay at this hotel insist upon an inside room on an upper floor.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank champagnecaviar
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Bourbon Orlean's is very nice with a great pool. The rooms are fresh the flat screens TV wonderfull. The only bad things are: they were supposed to call my cell when room was ready and they did not. They lost our luggage for several hours but did find it later that day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not over the bar.
2  Thank Craig-hopeithelps
BourbonOrleansHotel, Director of Sales at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you so much for staying at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel during your recent visit to New Orleans! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay during St. Patrick's Day. I apologize for the hiccup at the beginning of your stay but am very glad to know all was resolved and you had a great time at the Bourbon Orleans. I will make sure I follow up and deliver the feedback with the front office team. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We travelled to NOLA by Amtrak and arrived at the hotel about 11PM on a Sunday. We had booked and prepaid through an online travel agency. We had NO problems with the staff from checkin to checkout 4 days later. The room was clean and well appointed. The renovations made to the hotel are evident.
We will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on Bourbon Street can be noisy-especially on weekends & for special events. Corner suites...
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This hotel has very nice rooms and nice amenities, such as a good gym with individual TVs on machines. However, the stay was ruined by being woken up in the middle of the night by hotel staff. First, the hotel phone rang at 2 am, waking up me and my wife from a dead sleep. Since I figured that anyone I knew would call me on my cellphone, I picked up the phone and hung it up. 10 minutes later, we got a knock on the door. It was a hotel clerk saying that he wanted to retrieve something from the pocket of a robe hanging on the back of the bathroom door that the prior guest had left. I told him - correctly - that there was no robe. It took another hour for us to fall back to sleep, in large part because we were furious that hotel staff would do something so inane.
The next day, my wife complained to the manager who said he would look into it since the staff member's actions were "against hotel policy." That was the last we heard from him - no apology, no nothing. As she checked out, my wife left her cellphone number for the manager to call to apologize. 3 days later, still no apology. Not a great way to treat hotel guests.

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank christineandterry
BourbonOrleansHotel, Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize as it does not appear you were able to enjoy our southern hospitality that we pride ourselves on, and your comments have been shared with the rest of our team for internal follow-up. We would love to have you stay with us again should you find yourself in New Orleans, and encourage you to contact us directly to give us the opportunity to discuss your feedback in greater detail.