“Great deli with a New Orleans twist”

Welty's Deli and Catering
Ranked #388 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Deli
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Just two doors down from the hotel I was staying at (reviewed elsewhere). Great place for breakfast and lunch. I had a breakfast croissant with eggs, cheese, and sausage - perfectly scrambled eggs, good-sized sausage (and great flavor). Almost too much to eat. Later my entire business team had lunch there - the portions are excellent. I had one of the best pastrami sandwiches in my recollection (half a sandwich in combo with soup) along with vegetable, beef, barley soup that definitely wasn't out of a can. Lots of beef and veggies. Before I departed New Orleans (late morning flight) I had them make a muffalatta sandwich for takeout. They cut it in half, double wrapped it and put the olive salad on the side. My wife was thrilled when I arrived back home with a great meal (definitely was enough to share). Very friendly and helpful staff, great food, and great selection of mustards and condiments - yum!

Reviewed January 29, 2018

We stumbled upon this deli when wandering about the Central Business District waiting to gain access to the apartment we rented -- and boy are we glad we did! The sandwiches were freshly made and stacked high. I had the gumbo which was delicious and my sons each ordered a muffaletta. They could have easily split one muffaletta as the sandwich was huge. The owner and staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming as we camped out there after our lunch waiting to get into our nearby AirBnb. Love coming across a find like this when we travel.

Reviewed January 28, 2018

I've tried wetly's on a few occasions and both times I've gone there I have had horrible service (staff was rude and more interested in conversations with their peers then attending to the guests). I also got a salad both times I went and each time I was extremely disappointed with the quality of food especially for a Salad that I paid almost $16 for!

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a good take out lunch & walked by this cute deli. Ordered the day's featured salad - Southwest Salad. Huge portion of fresh veggies and grilled chicken. This salad was too big for me to finish in one sitting, so I enjoyed it for lunch and dinner. Super friendly counter service. I will return on my next visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Good food here...just down the street (or up the street, not sure) from Commerce. A much larger menu if that makes a difference, and more seating, too, You'll stand in line, too...but that's ok. Several good choices if you have vegetarians friends or tendencies.