“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #86 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Richmond, Virginia
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

For an old world ambience and attentive service, I recommend Le Pavillion. It was a quiet and classy place to stay during the NCAA tournament. I especially enjoyed the nightly PB and J and hot chocolate in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Margaret P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Korean first
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Having lived in New Orleans many, many years ago I knew about Le Pavillon Hotel and even had an opportunity to attend a business seminar, but was never a guest until recently. When planning to visit friends over a long weekend for 3-nights I wanted to stay someplace special with old style New Orleans ambiance, in a good neighborhood and well placed for all that I wanted to do. Le Pavillon immediately came to mind. At first I was concerned with the price compared to other hotels but when I priced my stay against hotels in the same general area, as well as closer to the quarter and with varying accommodations (chain and boutique hotels) I knew I would get a great value and enjoy my surroundings more here. Le Pavillon did not disappoint!!! I am personally drawn to beautiful old style elegance and was thrilled with the opulent surroundings both in and outside of my room. The heavy drapes in my room were excellent for blocking out all light and my room was wonderfully quiet and the floor quite private, even though I knew there were many guests on the floor and one of the special suites just a few doors down from me had been booked for a special birthday weekend. Some people before me have commented that the décor looked a little outdated and I’d have to agree that the color scheme in my room wasn’t what you’d find in décor magazines these days but that was okay with me. My only regret was I was often so busy outside of the hotel that I did not get to enjoy all of its amenities - such as room service or the dining room. I did enjoy being in the lounge at least once as well as the PBJ sandwiches with hot cocoa and milk in the lobby. The room service menu had very good prices in comparison to other hotels I’ve stayed in and if my schedule hadn’t been so busy I would have enjoyed eating breakfast in my room at least once. The pool, jacuzzi and exercise room are beautiful but aren't things I typically enjoy in a hotel so for me they were a bonus if I had wanted to use them. I spent time in the roof top sitting area during the day a couple of times just to be out enjoying the weather and again one evening – what a beautiful view of the city! Their valet parking was extremely convenient (I had a car one day) and the concierge was great about making a reservation for the airport shuttle -which was much cheaper and equally as convenient as taking a cab. The way the staff remembered my name was very important to me. Of course it made me feel special but more importantly it signified to me how much interest the staff takes in making each visitors stay a special one. I was so comfortable here and had such a wonderful time that I definitely plan to stay again when I'm back in town.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 825 and it was wonderfully quiet, private and well appointed!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank S R
Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Le Pavillon in March of 2011. It is a beautiful old building, exquisitely decorated and full of class, character and charm. We found the location perfect for our purposes. It was within easy walking distance of the French Quarter and yet far enough away to ensure some peace and quiet in the wee hours of the morning. The service was friendly and our room was clean and comfortable. The free high speed internet was a bonus. Having said all that we would probably stay somewhere else if we visited New Orleans again. For one thing, the hotel offered more amenities than we really needed. Although the weather was very warm during the day (+78 F) we were too busy sight-seeing to spend much time in the roof top pool and hot tub. We were there one afternoon and frankly found the pool area a little messy and unclean. The water quality was poor in both the hot tub and pool. Another "claim to fame" is the evening hot chocolate and peanut butter sandwiches. Only once in the whole week did we make it back to the hotel in time for this nightly event and we were so stuffed from our evening meal that we couldn't eat a thing. One another minor complaint was the price of the morning breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We don't eat much for breakfast so we immediately ruled out the extremely expensive morning buffet. Instead we chose toast and coffee and still paid around $20 for two people. Needless to say, other mornings we found our way to some of the many nearby coffee shops and restaurants where you could have a decent breakfast for under $10. We didn't eat another meal in the hotel restaurant all week since there are so many high-quality, reasonably priced restaurants everywhere we went. We celebrated my birthday in a fabulous upscale restaurant called GW Fins that had excellent food and service. Anyway, Le Pavillon is a great hotel with all the charm and comfort you could want. I definitely recommend it. However, next time we'll stay in a less expensive, more pedestrian hotel and spend our vacation budget on all the fabulous food and entertainment New Orleans has to offer.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

When I booked my hotel room (HYATT REGENCY) with priceline, they guaranteed savings. Wow a whopping 19% at a hotel that originally did not show up on the priceline map as a 4star hotel and it is in the north western most area of the map of where I want to be. I couldn't be farther from where I wanted to be. All of the other 4star Hotels are in the middle and centralized. Looking at the recent reviews from travelers at Hyatt Regency, this deal SUCKS!!!! I now not only have to pay $72 for transportation to and from the 4star (laughing because the reviews don't sound like a 4-star) and the airport because they have no shuttle, but I also have to pay to go everywhere in a cab because I am so FAR AWAY FROM EVERYTHING!!!! Reviews from recent travelers talk about how the air conditioning and plumbing don't work properly at this facility and how costly drinks and other things are. Thanks so much Priceline for making my first experience with you my LAST EXPERIENCE!!!!
Thanks for helping me to spend more money than I wanted to after all!!!! DON'T USE PRICELINE!!!!

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Grants, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

From the minute you walk in, this hotel exudes New Orleans, From the doormen in tuxedos and top hats to the high ceilings, crown moldings, velvet drapes and overstuffed furniture, it is old style New Orleans. The check-in was seemless and the room was beautiful. Overstuffed and a bit shabby chic. Beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were updated in marble and granite but small. Had a problem with th hairdryer and slow drain in the sink. This was the one place service lacked. We advised them and it was not fixed. I can understand them having issues due to the age of the hotel but not fixing them was not a good thing. We had the brunch which was excellent but were quite surprised that we were charged $3 for orange juice on a $20 brunch. The bar was excellent and the appetizers were great. My husband absolutely loved the gumbo and he ate it all over town. Kept comparing it the Le Pavillion. The location is perfect. Two blocks from the Charles St Trolley and about 3/4 blocks from Bourbon St but quiet. Overall, I would go back despite the few minor problems.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rhcNM
Glasgow, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We spent four nights at this "Grand Hotel" and were welcomed at the door by Cedric who was so helpful and friendly--remembering our names when we needed umbrellas or directions. We were able to check in a couple of hours early and our room was small but lovely. The staff was helpful, from the bartender who brought us a late lunch to the dining room staff when we wanted breakfast. The concierge gave us great dining and jazz recommendations. We were in walking distance to the arena, French Quarter, trolley, and St. Charles St. We would definitely go there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kysailor
windsor, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We just got back from a three night stay at Le Pavillon and enjoyed every minute of our time in this beautiful hotel. From the minute we entered the lobby until check out, we could not have had better service. Check in time was 4:00 and we had arrived about an hour early prepared to wait, but were given our room immediately. We had a room on the 8th floor per our request so as to avoid street noise. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Had read other reviews saying the walls were thin, and sounds from other rooms could be annoying, but we found the room very quiet. Service in the bar and restaurant was excellent, with the creole omelette and pecan pie being especially good! Roosevelt and Pam in the hotel bar deserve a special thank you for their great service, warm personalities, and just plain wonderful southern hospitality! Thanks to all the staff here, and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple