All reviewsfrench quarterhome away from homemardi grasfelt like homecrescent cityparade routefew blockscharmnolaprivacytrolleyneighborhoodsswamplampwalgreens
Reviewed December 2, 2015 via mobile

Love this great B&B just a block off the street car line! We stayed here for years and it is truly the best kept secret in NOLA! The Hiltons (owners) are great folks who really make you feel at home. And they have the best tips about the city. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Dennis h, Owner at St. Charles Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2016

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your kind words. I'm glad we were able to host you on your stay to New Orleans. Once you stay with us, you become like family. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2015

I've stayed at the St. Charles Guest House a few times over the past couple years, and each time my visit was been charming. The neighborhood is beautiful, service is always lovely and the rooms and common spaces are comfortable, with a European feel. For visitors who want to stay away from the bustle of the French Quarter, the Guest House offers a nice respite from that, with easy access to the street car.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank alcavana

Reviewed November 29, 2015

This is NOT A hotel. This is a guest HOUSE, as in a house that people live in. The rooms are all different and this place is very old. There are amazing pictures on all the walls and the wallpaper is just so cooky you can't help but love it. We stayed in the double room with another couple and had a shared bathroom. It was perfect for us. Conveniently located right near the St Charles trolley we just took that to downtown French Quarter everyday. This place is also very close (about .7 miles) to all the wonderful museums on Magazine Street. Like I said, this place is old and not for people who want the hotel experience, it reminded me a lot of the types of hostels and B&Bs you encounter in Europe, loads of charm. The bathroom and bedrooms where clean and the staff and owners are wonderful. The pool is awesome too!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed November 21, 2015 via mobile

Little late in writing a review but, figured since I just reserved a room for the second time, no times better than the present.
Having been born and raised in New Orleans I never really played tourist at home, until some friends came up with the idea to rent a place in the city for Mardi Gras. We were looking for something in a good neighborhood, close to downtown, the parades, bars and restaurants. We found The St Charles Guest House by accident one night we went out and parked down the street from it. It didn't have the hoopla of the downtown hotels we were considering, but reminded us of the hotel we stayed at in Paris.
We reserved 2 rooms from Thursday to Wednesday and loved every single minute of it! When We got dropped off Thursday afternoon we knew we made the right decision as soon as we were checked in by Dennis (the owner) who is probably the best concierge you'll ever meet. Even though we were all locals and "knew everything" about New Orleans, he let us know things we didn't know about (like the second line happening in the park around the corner). His daughter Layne was there the next day who was just as gracious a host as her father, in fact everyone we met who worked there was awesome and made us feel like we were the most important people in the city. Hands down the best hotel staff ever.
The other guests we met were as cool as the hotel staff. We met a group by the pool from Barcelona, who on a side note were visiting for their 2nd time, that we went out to the parades with a couple of times. The whole experience was phenomenal, from check in to check out. I actually borrowed a book last year from the bookshelf "In Cold Blood" that I promise I'll return this trip.
If you're looking at having a true New Orleans experience with all the European flair that sets this city apart from anywhere else in the country, stay at The St. Charles Guest House. No matter if it's your first time to the city or you've lived here your whole life. Trust me, you'll love it.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed November 21, 2015

I stayed at the St. Charles Guest House when I first moved to NOLA, and I recently used them to host family and friends who were coming town for my wedding. They are a great, cozy family owned business who offer an unbeatable location at an affordable price. Dennis and his wife Joanne have been in the business for almost 40 years, and when you stay with them, they treat you like family. They have recently done some renovations, and their daughter Layne has been a tremendous asset at bringing around a new generation at the hotel. It's one of the only places in the city where the number of guests from Europe will outnumber the guests from the United States. This will always be my go-to suggestion for family and friends visiting me in New Orleans.

Stayed: October 2015