“The St Charles is quaint and charming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
St. Charles Guest House
Ranked #45 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2017

The St. Charles guest house has its own charm. I found my room to be a little dark but they were happy to accommodate me with an extra lamp. I also loved the white iron four poster bed in our room as well as the green and black tiles in our bathroom. It reminded me of a bygone era. I sat near the pool and wrote in my journal the first day there . We had a long talk with the owner Dennis and he told me about buying the place and fixing it up with his dad. We were on the first floor in the second building. One morning my husband got up early to help make coffee, there coffee was a little weak and they were amenable to some help. I enjoyed my oatmeal in the morning and it was nice that they served breakfast. The internet was spotty but I could use my phone as a modem and that helped.

Room Tip: This is not a hotel per se it is a guest house and it is comfortable and centrally located in the Lo...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We've stayed at the guest house for a month and the place is amazing and the staff were so extra nice (Mr. Denis, Ms. Robin, Mr. Pete, James and Taylor). They make you feel at home, chatting and helps you in all you need. Except for some of the bread, watch out for expired ones! Sadly we need to move in to a friends house the next month. Hopefully I could visit again and the staff are still there. Thumbs up for that!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I showed up at this charming, circa 1900 old guest house thinking our dominant experience would be the lodging. Yes, the clean, cool rooms were a blessed relief amidst the sultry air of Tropical Storm Cindy, with steamy air cooled only by the downpours. What we were delighted by were host Dennis and Staff Robin and Pete entertaining us with philosophy, tourist advice and a nice morning cafe on site. Such smart, thoughtful people and Comfortable lodgings were an unexpected perk. We will be back and forever warmed by such genuine kindness

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I've stayed in st Charles guest house for 3 nights during my road trip between key west, florida and News Orléans, louisiana and i loved it !
The room was clean and comfortable, setting the illusion on a stay in an old joues of nola, it's very well situated, in the beautifull lower garden district next to the great lafayette cimetery, the house or broel and It's really easy to take the trolley to go to the French quarter and bourbon street at any time !
Me and my friends also enjoyed the pool after a day in the heat ouf nola !
And il it wasn't enough, Dennis and the staff were awsome, they gave us great recommandations for places to eat, drink, visit.... if you're looking for a swamp or à historic or even a voodoo tour,go and ask them, they'll be glad to book it for you !!

Go and support them, stay at their place !

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

St. Charles Guest House is a place I'll cherish forever. Walking through the doors feels like home. I enjoyed walking to Walgreens just a few blocks away to grab a newspaper before enjoying breakfast at the guest house each morning. Our group of friends met for Mardi Gras 2017 - we were in perfect walking distance, just one block away from St Charles Avenue. The perfect place for parade watching (and bead catching!) We also enjoyed walks to the French Quarter and with the help of the staff, learned all of the wonderful insights of the beautiful crescent city. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in New Orleans. Why plan an overly commercial trip when you can really see it through the eyes of locals! And as the owner Dennis told me, there's no place that does parades as often as New Orleans. It's true - I've been back in the real world for over a month now and I'm looking forward to my next escape. :)

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Had a wonderful experience staying here with a group of friends for Mardi Gras. The St Charles parade route is literally one block away, which means you can even come back to your room for breaks and afternoon naps! The rooms were clean and the staff were very accommodating. Enjoyed lounging in the pool area and the Sunday cookout with jambalaya and boudin sausages. I'm definitely going back!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Three things make St Charles Guest House a great place. The people here not only take care of business but they take time to talk and share ideas of great places in New Orleans to see and things to do - Dennis and his staff are awesome! The property is incredible, stunningly beautiful and yet so homey and comfortable. Decorative and functional are both well done. The gas heaters in the rooms are warm and comforting on cool nights. The placement couldn't be better. Off St Charles for a quiet night but close to great places, neighborhoods, and the streetcar to get everywhere, this is the perfect spot. I urge you to consider St Charles Guest House first when planning a trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo