“Our new favorite, will be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Monteleone

Hotel Monteleone
Ranked #7 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Ohio City, Ohio
“Our new favorite, will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Spent 5 days in NOLA for our wedding anniversary so we wanted someplace special. The Hotel Monteleone did not disappoint! Staff was very courteous and accommodating, gave us a terrific room with a view when they heard it was our anniversary. Room was clean and comfortable, housekeeping service was great. I like a hotel where you can count on housekeeping coming to tidy up the room at pretty much the same time every day. They were great, very efficient and friendly. The hotel itself is beautiful, has undergone a big renovation. We liked the historic building and modern amenities make all the difference when it comes to comfort. This Hotel got it exactly right. Would go back in a heartbeat. LOCATION CAN'T BE BEAT, you are literally steps away from the heart of the French Quarter, we were easily able to walk everywhere. TERRIFIC OVERALL, will absolutely be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. First floor has a bar that can get a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aliceisacat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,283)
  • Turkish first
Vidor, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I just stayed the weekend here. It was a beautiful "historic style" hotel. The service was wonderful. We stayed in the traditional king and it was more than we could of hoped for even though the room and bath were small. You feel like you are in old New Orleans. The decor is very "French". Great Location. Walk around the corner and your on Bourbon! The doorman suggested breakfast a short walk away at Mena's Palace. Nothing fancy but great hashbrowns and eggs and the coffee is good and strong! Mr. B's bistro is just across the street. We will definitley stay here on our next visit!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank krisveil
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I love this hotel. On Royal in the French Quarter and lots of parking. Not cheap, but optimizes both convenience and quiet. Easy walk to Arnaud's for dinner and antique shops. Always has lots or room, great service and has always been clean. Like to take a bottle of wine to the rooftop pool to relax.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mvanderford60
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed here for a business conference which coincided with the very beginning of Mardi Gras. It's a perfect location for going to the parades and for quick forays to Bourbon Street. Also can easily walk around the French Quarter We were on the 11th floor and still had plenty of street noise especially Friday and Saturday nights.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank TravelingDawg78
Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We had an enjoyable stay at Hotel Monteleone. The Carousel Bar was unique and fun. We were in walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go, including Cafe du Monde for breakfast! The room was smaller than a typical chain room, but updated and very nice. The only complaint is how loud it was outside the hotel until very late hours. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Monteleone for a conference. From the minute I walked through the doors until I left, I felt like a pampered guest not just a customer. The food was extraordinary and service friendly and very attentive. (The gumbo must be tried!) I also ordered room service and found the same to be true. The room and bed were divine and plush. Bed of heaven comes to mind as a means to describe it.

The location of the hotel is great - right in the French Quarter. You can easily walk out the door and find many fun things to do. The concierge had some really good suggestions for local restaurants.

Another important factor to me is peace and quiet, which was in rich supply in the evenings when I wanted to wind down. Everything was top notch and what one would expect at a five star hotel. I never wanted to leave. I always try to rate exceptional service when I find it. This level of service, quality, and attention to detail are becoming more rare in our society today. This hotel knows what it is doing and richly deserves the kudos it receives. I will be back for another stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night, the last night of our trip, as a special treat. The lobby is gorgeous, and check-in was prompt. We had no further interaction with the operations staff. I found our room to be relatively small. The bathroom walls were covered in acryllic mirrors, right out of the late 80s. It looked very odd. We were worried that the room might be too loud, being that we were overlooking Royal, one block from Borboun, on a Saturday night, but it was quite quiet. The bed was comfortable, but... here's the oddest thing... there were only 4 small, thin pillows on the king bed. I tend to move around a lot in my sleep, and woke up a few times during the night with my head nowhere near a pillow. It did not make for the most restful night.

The famous Carousel Bar was good fun, the bartender knowledgeable and skilled. It made for a great evening to sit and enjoy a few cocktails before we hit the town. The location of this hotel is what truly shines. The Monteleone is mere blocks from all the best that New Orleans has to offer.

Frequent travellers to New Orleans know to be qutie careful when selecting a hotel - some of them are billed as nice properties but are actually quite run down and dirty. For this reason, comibed with the location, I might select the Monteleone again the next time I'm in New Orleans, as I won't have to worry about what I might find.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple