Hotel Monteleone
Hotel Mazarin(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
8,088 results
All reviewscarousel barcriollorooftop poolfrench quarterroyal streetbourbon streetbeautiful hotelperfect locationrooms are smallold world charmbeignetsstreet noisemississippi riverparking garagejackson squaremardi graslucille
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2012

A beautiful hotel. My stay - room 339 Feb 11- Feb 15. Two problems: 1) Less important - their rediculous Wifi charge of $10/day. Nobody charges for wifi anymore. 2) We unfortunately encountered very loud and continuous construction noise beginning at 7AM on Monday Feb 13. When we called the front desk, they offered to move us to another room. TOO LATE. While moving may have provided restful sleep for Monday and Tuesday night, it did not come close to providing restful sleep or making up for the night our sleep was disturbed - a night, I might add - that came at a substantial cost. Further explanation was that the restaurant work had to be completed that week so that it would be ready for Mardi Gras. l guess my stay was not as important. Anyway - major disappointment that no discount, or even a free drink for that matter, was offered. It would have meant a lot. Doormen were great. I do not think I would go there again.

Room Tip: Ask about construction. They obviously knew they would be working the week I went, and if I asked I probably would have received 4 full nights of sleep instead of three.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rob B
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Rob B,

We would like to apologize not only for the construction noise during your recent stay with us but the way it was handled as well. Although, we cannot change how the situation was treated, we appreciate you sharing this information with us so we can ensure it does not happen in the future. Once again we are truly sorry, you and all of our guests deserve nothing but the best.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel is perfectly located in a more elegant area of the French Quarter devoted to antique shops and an historical mini-museum. The rooms are small and basic, but clean and updated. Expect a very long wait (over 20 minutes in line on all the days that I was there) for the elegant breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2012

What a special night! My husband and I stayed in a Jr. Suite at the hotel for Valentine's Day.
The room is beautiful and spotless! We had a lovely view of the Mississippi River and a slice of
the French Quarter as well. Bed was so comfortable and room service was excellent.
The staff could not be more helpful and professional. The hotel has been updated and the fabric
and furniture is truly beautiful. And the Carousell Bar is so fun. Bartender was personable and knew his New Orleans drinks! I think this hotel is good for all categories of travelers!
The location is perfect for French Quarter, which we love.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The Monteleone is a very clean and nice hotel in the heart of the French Quarter. Unfortunately during my stay, they were completing construction and the restaurant was not open. However, the Carousel Bar was and it is quite beautiful. The rooms are very basic and on the small side, but that is to be expected for a hotel of that age.

I was here for a conference and the one day I had to sleep in was the day the construction crew needed to use the jackhammer at 8 AM. Other than that, everything else was "acceptable". The staff is very nice and, as mentioned, the rooms and overall hotel are very clean. This hotel is in a great location with almost everything you'll want to do within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cavanburen
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My wife and I brought 15 friends to New Orleans for the first time to experience the City and Mardi Gras. Having stayed at this property before, I knew it would be the perfect hotel for all there is to see and do in the French Quarter. Not to mention it's only a block away from the parades on Canal Street. Everyone in my party was completely impressed with the Hotel and their staff. The rooms have almost as much character as the employees. You never get a corporate or brand hotel feel, you know you're in a nice property. The Hotel's famous Carousel Bar is a great atmosphere for drinks, conversation and the live music is great. I would highly recommend the Hotel Monteleone for anyone looking to experience the French Quarter by walking around. This is a great hotel full of history.

Room Tip: This hotel is 1 block off Bourbon Street in the French Quarter, which is great, but the crowd noise can go late (or early) into the night/morning. If you aren't making the noise and want it a little quieter, ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends