All reviews ruby slipper high ceilings front desk great location french quarter four poster interior room canal street valet parking older hotel first floor comfortable beds within walking distance short walk would stay here again corner room beautiful room
Reviewed January 28, 2018

We stayed at the Pelham for 6 nights in January 2018. It's located in a great spot just off Canal St. which was super convenient for getting around (we walked everywhere). The staff were very friendly and check-in was fast and easy. We stayed in an exterior room and it was exactly as shown in the photos. Being just off Canal also made for a nice quiet night's sleep. I do have two minor complaints though: the wifi isn't very good (at least on the fourth floor) and the supplied cups in the room are styrofoam (it would be good if the cups were more environmentally friendly).

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay here again myself on my next visit.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay at the Pelham. Beautifully decorated for Christmas. Troy at the front desk was great and helped us find a swamp tour to go on, although it did feel a bit pushed on us, but that’s fine. The Pelham is not the Ritz, but I didn’t expect it to be. It’s an antique hotel at best but in a great location in walking distance to everything you need. It’s worth the price you pay.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Pelham for 4 nights in January as a couples getaway to New Orleans. Location is wonderful just north of Canal and easily accessible by foot to the riverfront, French Quarter, casino and all of the streetcar lines. The fact that the restaurant with best brunch in New Orleans 3 years running is immediately adjacent to the Pelham is a great bonus. Be sure to eat at the Ruby Slipper. The hotel staff was incredibly helpful and courteous. I was saddened to learn, however, that many of the hotel rooms are interior and have no windows whatsoever. I booked the room based on a very competitive price and the beautiful photographs and was unhappy to be placed in an interior room that was extremely dark and not at all as lovely as those in the photographs. Yes the ceiling was very high and it had some fine finishes and more historic touches. Some pieces in the room showed heavy damage including the chair, drawers and even the toilet paper dispenser had damage. The bed was solid and very comfortable and the room included a nice coffee maker and coffee selection, small refrigerator, hair dryer and television mounted for viewing from the large bed. If we return, I would definitely consider staying again at the Pelham but would insist on an exterior room with some type of view.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne P
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Visited NOLA just before Christmas, arriving by Amtrak train. Uber to the Pelham was about $7. The hotel was decorated with a beautiful tree, room was very clean, towels were nice and thick, amenities very nice. Hotel is about a block or two from Canal within easy access of streetcars. Very tall ceilings, antique furnishings, quiet. There was work being done in the hotel so only one elevator working and it was a slow one, but really no problem. The Red Slipper is next door and although always crowded, was very good. Definitely a good stay.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LRB978249
Reviewed January 17, 2018

Have stayed here multiple times, and I love it. Yes the bedrooms are kind of smaller, but they're so quaint and cozy. Also we booked a King room and I swear our bed felt wayyyy bigger than a king and it was so comfy.

Date of stay: September 2017