“Great spot”

Ranked #7 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
London, United Kingdom
“Great spot”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I fled here from the woeful Doubletree next door. The Windsor Court is professionally run by friendly people and has good staffing levels. My room was spacious and I'll go back again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear PimlicoTram,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your recent business trip to New Orleans.

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that you were pleased with the accommodations and the staff. We strive to provide the highest level of comfort and service, and I am glad that we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Windsor Court the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Its one of those business hotels where you don't know if you wake up in Tokyo, Düsseldorf or (in this case) New Orleans. The view of the Mississippi is intriguing though. Everything works from bell service to reception and beyond. There are old pictures on the walls. The connection between the paintings and New Orleans or Louisianna is, at best, highly unclear.

If you don´t want local flavour, but a convenient place to stay, this is the place for you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BRLS
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear BRLS,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your most recent business trip to New Orleans.

I am glad that you found the service and the view acceptable. Our decor is a blend of traditional English decor, in homage to our namesake, and French Vogue, the hallmark of New Orleans. We strive to provide an elegant setting with subtle New Orleans influences, as well a touch of Southern hospitality in our service. I am sorry that you did not see the link between the hotel and its surroundings.

Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,564 helpful votes
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I enjoyed my recent stay at the Windsor Court Hotel. The rooms were clean, cozy, and had a touch of old world charm. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the view from the rooms was nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are not cheap but if you want to spend a little more and stay in a nice, quality hotel, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank AlexanderDelarge
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear AlexanderDelarge,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your most recent visit to New Orleans.

It is delightful to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that you were pleased with the accommodations and the staff. We strive to provide the highest level of comfort and service, and I am glad that your expectations were met.

We hope that you make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you to New Orleans.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel was booked for me by my travel agent. I stayed there 4 nights. It is on the outer edge of the French quarter and there are a number of other hotels of the same standing that are right. In the quarter. On the first morning, there was no coffee maker ( or at least I couldn't find it) so had to run out and buy coffee. There was a cupboard that had no handle, but I couldn't get it open without the handle. After 3 nights I pried the cupboard open and found the dirty, broken coffee maker with other rubbish that had been left in the cupboard. I called the concierge to have the coffee maker replaced, and while they had said they would send someone immediately, 2 hours later , it had not been replaced. There are sensors in the mini bar, so if you take anything out to look at it, even if you put it back, you are charged. The shower in my room did not turn off properly and constantly dripped. While the nightly turn down service is nice, I think I would have preferred better service wit the things I mentioned earlier. There is no ice machine on the floor either.

Room Tip: Rooms fran the 10th floor have a better view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Sidneysider60,

I sincerely apologize for the issues and difficulties you experienced with the coffeemaker, the cupboard, the mini bar and the shower in your room.

We would like to address these concerns directly with you. Please email info@windsorcourthotel.com so that we may personally be in contact with you.
Apple river
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Staying at the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans was a little bit of heaven in a busy place during Mardi Gras.
The flowers in the lobby were the most beautiful roses we have seen in along time. The protected courtyard was also beautiful with the azaleas and pansies blooming everywhere.
The harpist and violinst in the lobby relaxed us after a hectic day of traveling.
The suite was more than we expected and was luxuriously laid out.I would highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear poolqueenAppleriver,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your 2012 Mardi Gras visit to New Orleans.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and that you were pleased with the flowers, accommodations and general ambiance of the hotel. We strive to provide the ultimate in comfort and service, and am I glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope you make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you to New Orleans.
12/4/2011
Reviewed 23 February 2012

From the time we entered the protected courtyard rimmed with planters of colorful azaleas to our departure, my husband and I felt so fortunate to have chosen the Windsor Court. We appreciate its quiet elegance, just a couple of short blocks away from the "action". The comfortable lobby and lounge areas made it feel like home.  The fitness room was very well equipped.  Our room was very beautifully appointed and peaceful with generous drawer and counter space.  I cannot end this without giving credit to Adam at the concierge desk who responded almost immediately with the most thorough information each time I emailed or called with any questions.  We travel well and often and will remember this as one of our most enjoyable stays."

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank janet g
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear janet g,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your recent visit to New Orleans.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience, and that you were particularly pleased with the accommodations and our staff, especially by Adam our concierge. We strive to provide the highest level of service and comfort, and I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor court the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have stayed at the Crown Plaza and Queen & Crescent, downtown. This hotel tops both of them! The staff was exceptional! Everybody was helpful. Customer Service at its best! Well worth the price considering Mardi Gras. This will be my first choice when I go back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear proftnman,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for Mardi Gras 2012!

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that you were pleased with the service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to New Orleans.