Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Avenue Plaza Resort(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Prytania Oaks Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Prytania Park(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Modern(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscheesecake bistrogarden districttrolley stop cafetrolley linevalet parkinggreat locationfrench quarteron st charles averestaurant downstairssmall hotelcontinental breakfastcoffee makercharles trolleywould stay here againfridge and microwavebreakfast areaaudubon park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Nice looking hotel, well decorated/refurbished, good location at Trolley stop and restaurants and local pub. Room lovely, well decorated, clean, quiet, spacious - plenty of room to move around with a huge counter for coffee maker etc. Bed fabulous with cotton bedding choice of down and non- pillows. Everything worked. Bathroom well-done with good fixtures - clean, very nice, good lighting. Professional staff, great Valets - these kids are on top of it.

Room Tip: We had the West sun shining in - which was great in Nov. I'd asked for a quiet room so we were off the street.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly A
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did! I am pleased to hear you had a good stay! I hope you will think of us next time you are in our city.
2011 Platinum Award Winner

Reviewed 18 December 2011

My daughter and I stayed there the weekend before Thanksgiving and we really enjoyed our experience. The trolley line stop right outside the door, so you can get around the city easily. The restaurant and bar downstairs were convenient to have and the rooms were very large and well appointed. The beds and pillows were great, very comfortable. We had a sitting area, small fridge and microwave. What more do you need?

Room Tip: It was a pretty quiet area, but I would imagine it would be better to have a room that wasn't right above the restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruger10

Thanks so much for your review! I am pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. Our staff uses these reviews to see how we can improve the guest experience. I hope this response finds you well and that we see you next time you are in New Orleans.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I was very pleased with my choice to stay at the Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel while visiting New Orleans for a few days. I most certainly wanted to visit the French Quarter area - but didn't want to stay there. The Clarion Grand Boutique is in the garden district on St. Charles Ave and just a short drive to the French Quarter area. I felt very safe staying here and I thought that the rooms were nice and clean. The bed and pillows were some of the most comfy that I have ever had in a hotel. I only had 2 complaints with the room, one being that the closet was very small and cramped, making it hard to get into. And the second being that I was woke up every morning @ 2 a.m. because the garbage truck was picking up the trash at this time and made a lot of noise outside my window. Other than that I was very pleased with my choice to stay here and I would stay here again in a heartbeat (but I would ask not to be put on the street side). Another bonus to staying here is that Copeland's Cheesecake Factory is in this building and I ate dinner there both nights and the food is delicious!

There is a Walgreen's a block away for anything you might have forgotten and I even picked up a few souviners there. If you are parking in their garage it will cost $18 + tax a day which was cheaper than some other hotels that I looked at. The cable car runs in front of the hotel, but I didn't get a chance to ride it - maybe next time. :-)

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in a room on the street side. They can be a little noisy at times.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank muscadine-eyes
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2011

Thank you so much for your review! It makes me so happy to hear that my team has provided a wonderful experience for you! I love that you provided some tips for our future guests. I agree those big garbage trucks that early are a nuisance, but unfortunately, a necessary one! Next time you stay with us make sure and let us know and we can move you to the opposite side of the building, I hope you will come back and visit our city very soon.
laissez le bon temps rouler!

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stay here at least once a month for business and I would not stay anywhere else. If you are planning a trip to New Orleans, you must stay at the Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel! It is right by the streetcar (a New Orleans experience MUST) and centrally located to all other tourist attractions. It is a smaller "boutique" hotel and it has the personal feel of a bed and breakfast. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly every stay. The valet is exceptional and there is a Copeland's Cheescake Bistro attached for convienience as well. It gives you the atmosphere of New Orleans without all of the noise of staying in the French Quarter. The price is reasonable and the rooms are comfortable and spotless. I would and have definitely recommended this hotel to anyone planning a trip to New Orleans.

Room Tip: If you want a view of St. Charles, there are rooms available with a balcony and jacuzzi hot tub. I definitely recommend these!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheree H
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you so much for letting us know how we did! It is great to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. I hope you come back to see us on your next visit to new orleans.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews here. I have to say I agree. It was a very comfortable stay. The hotel is in a great location. I did not want to be in the French Quarter, but close enough in case I wanted to venture over. The cable car stops in front of the hotel.
There are plenty of restaurants within a couple of blocks. The area is safe. I will definitely stay here again. Jeffery and the staff were nice.

Brad

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MountainBikeTexas
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased your stay was a great one. It was a pleasure for our staff to get to know you and help make your stay a comfortable on. I hope you had a safe travel home and we look forward to seeing yout he next time you are in our city.