Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
US$229
US$195
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
  • Breakfast included
US$204
US$179
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$160
CrownePlaza.com
US$229
US$194
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$169
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$223
US$197
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$99
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewscheesecake bistrogarden districttrolley stop cafetrolley linevalet parkinggreat locationfrench quarteron st charles averestaurant downstairssmall hotelcontinental breakfastcoffee makercharles trolleywould stay here againfridge and microwavebreakfast areaaudubon park
Reviewed January 24, 2012

My sister and I (both in our 50s) stayed here in January, and found it to be exactly what we were looking for -- an inexpensive, friendly, satisfactory place with great access by streetcar and foot to the places we most wanted to see. For those who might be looking for something a little different -- a great view, a pool or fitness facilities, great food on-site, or a location within the bustling French Quarter -- this place would disappoint. The location is right on the St. Charles Street streetcar line (at St. Andrew and St. Charles) and near some wonderful Garden District streets/homes, but the immediately adjacent properties are nothing terribly special and the views are likely to be of parking areas. There is a restaurant downstairs (which in all fairness we didn't try) and a small continental breakfast area in the lobby -- but with all the great eats in New Orleans, we opted to go out for every single meal, with fabulous restaurants nearby in the Garden District or 10 minutes away by streetcar in the French Quarter. The rooms were fairly standard, but totally acceptable to us. The beds and pillows were in fact extremely comfortable, I thought. The windows don't open, and I wished I could have gotten some fresh air, but there was a heating/cooling system that allowed me to make the room exactly the temperature I wanted. The desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. Overall, if this hotel fits your particular needs as it did ours, you will be very happy there, as we were.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did. It is our pleasure to meet and assist every one of our guests! I am so glad that you had a good time here in our city and at our property.
You are so correct there are a ton of great eats in the city, but next time i do hope you get to try our restaurant. It will not disappoint! I often say coming to new orleans is like going on a cruise, you gain 10 lbs!
I hope you come and see us again next time your travels take you our way!
2012 Choice Hotels Internation Gold Award Winner

Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is an odd little hotel situated on the top two floors above a restaurant. The biggest draw is the reasonable price near Jackson and St. Charles. There is an 18.00 per night charge for parking, though there is street parking within a couple of blocks. The rooms are average in all respects - a bit above average for cleanliness of the area hotels of this age. As someone who loves to walk the streets of the city, perhaps my favorite aspect of the hotel is the easy access for walking downtown to the French Quarter or going the other way uptown.

So in our two stays at this hotel, we are finding this a good alternative to the French Quarter hotels that are becoming quite overpriced for what they have to offer.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your honest review. We are so glad you came back to see us! It is so nice to hear that you enjoy our unique property. Our location is top notch, just outside the craziness of the quarter, but close enough to be in the middle of the action in minutes. We do hope to see you again soon!
2012 Choice Hotels International Gold Award Winner

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We attended an event at at the super dome. With prices jacked all over town, we selected this place because of its price, location and proximity to the event. We were VERY pleasantly surprised to find how great it was. First, the staff was very knowledgeable about transportation options and were willing to patiently, pleasantly, and cheerfully answer questions. The room was clean and very comfortable...and I'm picky. Thanks for the fitted sheets. The attached bistro was wonderful.one rather unique feature of the experience was the flat out honesty of the company and staff. Two days before our reservation, we received an email with the details confirming the reservation but it also included, in red type, the parking charge. I love their no hidden costs/no surprises policy. Similarly, the front desk clerk advised us that the included continental breakfast was "high carb". How refreshing!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. We sure appreciate your kind words. My staff and I try our best to give each guest the best experience possible and are so pleased when we achieve this! I do hope to see you on your next visit to town.
Sincerley,
Geoffrey d Taylor
2012 Choice Hotels International Gold Award Winner

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Nice looking hotel, well decorated/refurbished, good location at Trolley stop and restaurants and local pub. Room lovely, well decorated, clean, quiet, spacious - plenty of room to move around with a huge counter for coffee maker etc. Bed fabulous with cotton bedding choice of down and non- pillows. Everything worked. Bathroom well-done with good fixtures - clean, very nice, good lighting. Professional staff, great Valets - these kids are on top of it.

Room Tip: We had the West sun shining in - which was great in Nov. I'd asked for a quiet room so we were off the street.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly A
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did! I am pleased to hear you had a good stay! I hope you will think of us next time you are in our city.
2011 Platinum Award Winner

Reviewed December 18, 2011

My daughter and I stayed there the weekend before Thanksgiving and we really enjoyed our experience. The trolley line stop right outside the door, so you can get around the city easily. The restaurant and bar downstairs were convenient to have and the rooms were very large and well appointed. The beds and pillows were great, very comfortable. We had a sitting area, small fridge and microwave. What more do you need?

Room Tip: It was a pretty quiet area, but I would imagine it would be better to have a room that wasn't right above the restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruger10

Thanks so much for your review! I am pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. Our staff uses these reviews to see how we can improve the guest experience. I hope this response finds you well and that we see you next time you are in New Orleans.
2011 Choice Hotels International Platinum Award Winner