All reviewsbordello roomhot tubcreoleinnkeepersconference
Reviewed May 5, 2016

I can say, without doubt, that the Antebellum guest house was the most amazing guest house I've ever stayed at! I don't think that I'll be able to do the host and his establishment as much justice as I would prefer, but I will try anyway.

Firstly, Keith bent over backwards to make our stay that much more special. I could tell that he really appreciated having us there. And, in turn, he made us feel like we were so much more than clients. His passion and attention to detail has carried through in the all aspects of his business. All the way from his customer service to his phenomenal culinary skills to the atmosphere of his establishment.

Keith first greeted us with such southern hospitality. Instead of hiding in the back away, he was very open to chatting with his guests. He regaled us with little stories of the history of the home and of the family and times throughout our stay. He offered many suggestions of what to do around the area. He seemed to be very interested in hearing about our plans and our lives as well. And yet, he respected our need for privacy.

The guest house is a mid-1800's home owned by top Creole society members. Keith has gone above and beyond to maintain the history and decor of not only the time period but the family that once owned it. When you walk into his home, you feel like you've been whisked away to another era! I can't even begin to describe how jaw-droppingly gorgeous it is. It kind of feels like you have the opportunity to stay in a museum. The courtyard in the back is an oasis of solitude where one can escape the hustle and bustle of the French quarter streets if they need a little reprieve. The courtyard offers gurgling ponds, a clean, tucked away hot tub, laundry facilities at no extra charge, a grill, and several sitting areas. His guest house also offers security cameras and locked gates and doors, if you're worried about security...which I was not. Keith is very trustworthy.

His food...hands down rivaled the best and most authentic that NOLA has to offer. His recipes come from mid-1800's cookbooks (proving that he cares about the continuity of the guests experiences). And he strives to keep them as true to the original as he can. He even goes to explain the history behind every dish before you dig in. You'd probably pay an arm and a leg for the same quality of food at any other restaurant....but there, it's included.

I'd say the only criticism I have to offer is that the whole experience at the Antebellum guest house was so incredible that all the other places we stayed at and all the other restaurants in NOLA were somewhat of a let down! But, seriously, if ever I go back I plan on staying there...hands down.

Thanks, Keith and Art, for such a memorable experience!
Lauré and Kathy

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2016

We arrived very very early, and Keith suggested we go to the WWII museum. WOW! Keith was right on. When we arrived Keith was the ultimate host. Told us about his house and surrounding areas history. He really knows a lot, but his best is the Creole cooking. Breakfast. The most important meal of the day. I could have their breakfast morning, noon and night.Our room was in the back, with a lovely old hand carved bed.All the amenities we could ask for. Nice quiet room. We had the privacy of the lovely back patio. And the hot tub was a surprise in its self. It will be a while before the next visit, but we will definitely book a room with Keith and Art.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2016

My husband and I stayed with a friend in the 2BR suite just after Mardi
Gras. It was perfect for us. This was our second time at the Antebellum Guest House and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. We had two bedrooms, bath, kitchenette and a nice sitting room where we could hang out and socialize when we weren't out on the town. One of our favorite things about the Guesthouse was Keith's fabulous breakfasts. They were both delicious and beautifully presented. DO NOT MISS the breakfast! You can go back on your diet when you get home. The AGH is located within walking distance of Frenchman Street, where so many wonderful music venues are to be found and a short walk from the streetcar line. So you can get to just about anywhere you want to go from there. But in case you have a car, there is parking available.

Room Tip: The suite is perfect if you have more than two people traveling together, but all the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2015

Keith was a wonderful host and the breakfasts were exquisite. The buttermilk pie was to die for and I only wish I was not so full up that I could have ate another piece.

The location was brilliant - close enough to walk into the hub bub of New Orleans but far enough away. Keith was a font of knowledge and we enjoyed our talks around the breakfast table. It was a pleasure to meet him and Art.
Sarah and Jim

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2015 via mobile

Fantastic, impossible to beat, the antebellum guest house and hosts Keith and Art made our New Orleans trip that much more wonderful. The house itself, and all the antique pieces they have collected, is spectacular. Keith also provides so much information about the house as well as historical and current information about New Orleans. His authentic creole breakfasts were perhaps the best we've had

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple